Chicago, Ill. (Vocus) July 15, 2009
Insurance companies determine rates based on risk. Based on statistics, newly licensed young drivers are among the highest risks on the road. However, there are some ways young drivers can obtain a cheap car insurance quote. The best way to save the most money is to request free car insurance quotes and compare car insurance quotes. CarInsuranceQuote.net recommends ways to cut rates even further for young drivers.
1. Young drivers should attend a certified, DMV-approved driving school. Typically, a list of approved schools will be found on individual state DMV websites. This will ensure proper training, which will better prepare young drivers to handle situation behind the wheel. Ultimately, this will lead to a cheap car insurance quote.
2. Young drivers who are also students should maintain good grades to qualify for good-student discounts. If a student driver maintains at least a GPA of 3.0 or a B average, they can be approved to a reduced car insurance rate by 15% - 20%.
3. Young drivers should complete the graduated licensing systems to get a cheap car insurance quote. This additional supervised training will reduce risk factors and ultimately lower premiums when the rookie driver has more experience and time behind the wheel.
1. Before purchasing a vehicle, young drivers should research the cost of insuring each vehicle they are interested in. The newer and more expensive cars are likely to carry a much higher price tag for insurance. Whichever family vehicle is least expensive to ensure, should be given to the youngest driver for use.
2. If there is more than one car in the family, assign the least expensive car to insure to the most expensive member of the family to ensure. Only allow the young drive to drive this car. Otherwise, insurance will have to be paid for on all the vehicles for all the people who drive them. Keep this separate for more savings.
3. Consider deductibles. When deductibles are raised, premiums become lower. However, this can be risky if a young driver has a claim because the higher deductible will have to be paid. This is a decision that will have to be made on an individual basis and the risk that is carried.
4. Reducing liability coverage is another way to lower premiums; however this is also extremely high risk. If the young driver is in a serious or fatal, at-fault accident and the claim exceeds the liability coverage, personal assets could suffer.
The first place to start when looking for a cheap car insurance quote is to search online and compare car insurance quotes. Then, follow these seven tips to save even more on insuring young drivers.
Visit CarInsuranceQuote.net to get free car insurance quotes and cheap car insurance quotes from local agents. The quickest and easiest way to obtain the most complete coverage at the lowest possible price is to compare car insurance quotes. Start saving today!