New York, NY (PRWEB) July 17, 2009
ABKCO Records has set August 18th for the digital and CD release of the soundtrack album from the motion picture Post Grad starring Alexis Bledel, well known for her role in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants films and as Rory Gilmore during six successful seasons of TV's Gilmore Girls. The Fox Searchlight Pictures release opens in theaters nationwide on August 21st and was directed by Vicky Jenson (Shrek, Shark Tale) based on a script by Kelly Fremon, and produced by Ivan Reitman, Joe Medjuck and Jeffrey Clifford.
The film co-stars Zach Gilford, Rodrigo Santoro, Jane Lynch, with Michael Keaton and the legendary Carol Burnett. Zach Gilford, one of Hollywood's hottest young actors, plays quarterback Matt Saracen on NBC's critically acclaimed Friday Night Lights.
Music heard on the ABKCO soundtrack serves as the backdrop for the story of college graduate Ryden Malby who is forced to move back into her childhood home with her eccentric family while attempting to find a job, the right guy and some indication as to where her life is headed.
Jack Savoretti, a UK-based singer/songwriter/poet of British and Italian parentage wrote the track "One Day" specifically for Post Grad and a version of "One Day" is performed in the film by Zach Gilford's character. A "One Day" music video featuring Post Grad footage is currently in post production. Several other previously unreleased tracks including Kevin Drew's "I Say I Go" and Lucy Schwartz' "Turn Back Around," are used to enhance the film's narrative.
The score for Post Grad was composed by Christophe Beck who won an Emmy for his work on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Beck has scored numerous films including The Hangover, The Pink Panther, Bring It On, American Wedding, Under the Tuscan Sun, School for Scoundrels, License to Wed, Fred Claus, I Love You, Beth Cooper, Drillbit Taylor and others.
Track notes for ABKCO's Post Grad (Music From The Motion Picture):
1) Pony (It's OK) - Erin McCarley - Track from Texas-born, Nashville based artist is from her recent Love, Save the Empty album.
2) Don't Give Me A Hard Time - The Locarnos - An urgent-sounding effort from an upcoming four-piece pop rock band from the southwest of England.
3) Take What You Take - Lily Allen - The song was part of her Alright, Still album that established her as a major force in contemporary music.
4) One Day - Jack Savoretti - A track written especially for Post Grad, music from this UK-based singer/songwriter/poet has been featured in the CW TV series One Tree Hill and the films The Cleaner and Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants II.
5) What Happened To It - the bird and the bee - A previously unreleased track from the fast rising LA-based duo comprised of vocalist/bassist Inara George and multi-instrumentalist Greg Kurstin.
6) Main Titles - Christophe Beck - A fantastic score throughout Post Grad from this award-winning composer.
7) Always Where I Need To Be - The Kooks - A searing track from the Brighton, UK-based quartet's recent album was recorded at Konk Studios in North London owned by Ray Davies (the Kinks).
8) The Queen and I - Gym Class Heroes - The track debuted on As Cruel as School Children album and kicked off that smash hit album.
9) Turn Back Around - Lucy Schwartz - The award-winning (International Songwriting Competition ISC Favorite Artist Podcast) Schwartz wrote the song especially for Post Grad that reflects one of the central themes in the film.
10) Haperman & Browning - Christophe Beck - Score
11) Wake The Sun - the Matches - A rousing performance from East Bay punk rockers fronted by Jon Devoto. The track is from 2008'S A Band In Hope album.
12) Brand New Day - Joshua Radin - A rising star in the folk rock word, the Cleveland-born singer/songwriter featured the song on his Simple Times album.
13) Si Señor - Control Machete - The signature track from the Mexican hip-hop super group.
14) I Say I Go - Kevin Drew - A brand new unreleased solo outing from one of New Jersey's emerging young talents.
15) Ryden & Adam - Christophe Beck - Score