Companies are scrambling to keep the skills of their buyers and supply managers up to the task of responding to wildly fluctuating costs and availability of key supplies. They need high quality training courses that are easily and instantly available
Ann Arbor, MI (PRWEB) July 20, 2009
Quickly changing world markets are testing the skills of supply management professionals, and ADR North America has responded to that need by launching the ADR Academy, an online resource for professional development at http://www.ADRacademy.com. ADR turned to Logic Solutions, Inc., experts in developing web based applications to build the eLearning Portal and associated courseware.
"Companies are scrambling to keep the skills of their buyers and supply managers up to the task of responding to wildly fluctuating costs and availability of key supplies. They need high quality training courses that are easily and instantly available," said ADR North America CEO Bill Michels, C.P.M. "The ADR Academy developed by Logic Solutions fills that need with nine self-paced on-line courses that anyone can take if they have Internet access and a credit card. Logic's rich history in building web portals, eLearning courseware and Learning Management Systems proved to be the perfect fit for ADR's eLearning procurement initiative."
The Academy courses offer practical tools, hands-on exercises and case studies to help learners gain a working knowledge in a number of critical area including:
- Portfolio Analysis - a planning and decision support tool that helps strategic sourcing and supply management professionals better understand and manage purchases of goods and services.
- Opportunity Analysis - a powerful technique to systematically identify and implement cost saving opportunities for each category of spend.
- PACE & Market Analysis - a lifecycle theory of price and cost evolution that provides a framework for identifying appropriate ways of working to lower the total cost for purchased goods and services.
- Price Analysis - Price Analysis will help sourcing and supply management professionals understand and apply price analysis methods used to determine if prices are fair, reasonable and competitive.
- Cost Analysis - Cost Analysis teaches professionals how to use Purchase Price Cost Analysis to understand supplier costs and compare the relationship of those costs to the selling price.
- Introduction to Global Sourcing - An introductory course designed to help professionals understand the concepts of global sourcing and associated risks and opportunities.
- Global Sourcing Analysis - A second Global Sourcing module covering processes and tools to guide the five-phase sourcing process and how to analyze global sourcing opportunities.
- Supplier Financial Analysis I - An introductory course covering the steps in planning and gathering data for a supplier financial analysis.
- Supplier Financial Analysis II - A course that helps sourcing professionals apply supplier financial ratio analysis, read financial statements and apply key financial ratios to analyze a supplier's health.
ADR is a global leader in providing high quality professional development for supply managers, using workshops, eLearning modules, Webinars and blended forms of teaching. It recently joined the Institute for Supply Management to create the ISM-ADR School for Supply Management. The joint venture offers prepared or customized training programs in essentially any format anywhere in the world. ADR Academy courses are available through the ISM-ADR School, as are more than one hundred other online offerings.
About Logic Solutions:
Founded in 1995, Logic Solutions, Inc. is a privately held minority-owned corporation with headquarters in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Logic provides custom software applications, web sites, web based applications, IT outsourcing and China Services to help companies cost-effectively realize their business strategies across the globe.
More information is available at http://www.logicsolutions.com.