Singapore (PRWEB) July 21, 2009
The 7th World SugarTrade Conference convenes in Singapore on September 29-30, 2009 to make sense of the times ahead for the world sugar industry and marketplace.
Despite the global economic slowdown and credit crunch, Sugar futures gained this year over a drop in sugar supply output, and India's transition into a net importer for the first time in three years. India is the world's largest consumer of sugar and biggest producer after Brazil. Sugar prices will also strengthen on increasing interest in trading commodities.
With the global sugar production deficit destined to influence the market in the fourth quarter, the 7th World SugarTrade conference meets at the right time to offer on the minute market insights to sugar stakeholders.
Leading industry experts from Brazil, Thailand, India, the EU, and other leading Sugar hubs will address the audience on sugar prices, domestic and international sugar industry developments at critical panel discussions, which will touch on:
- Sugar Market Fundamentals including Sugar Prices, Sugar Supply Deficit & current global market development
- Bankers & Traders insights on Financing availability and impact on sugar trade.
- The Sugar production outlook in Brazil - Will Brazil make enough sugar to cover the global deficit?
- Indian Sugar deficit: The transition of India from Exporter to Net Importer and How much will India actually import.
- Policy initiatives, market drivers & raw sugar trade in Indonesia, USA, Thailand, Africa.
- The latest EU Sugar Regime
- Oil Price Volatilities, Freight Market developments and the impact on the Global Sugar Industry and Sugar Freight.
- The challenge of Stevia, a zero-calorie, all-natural sugar substitute and implications on the global sugar marketplace.
The world's leading financiers, traders, commodity brokers, sugar producers, millers, refiners, key officials of government trading corporations and shipping executives have already confirmed or reserved their seats for 7th World SugarTrade on September 29-30, 2009.
The conference is 2009's sugar industry networking platform, and insights shared and connections made at the conference will alter the course of the sugar industry in the months ahead.
Those seeking more information and opportunities to participate as delegates, media partners, exhibitors and / or sponsors at 7th World Sugar are urged to submit their registrations, enquiries and proposals at th World SugarTrade and market meeting in Singapore or contact Ms. Jaime Ng, Marketing Manager at +65 6346 9145.