Gretton, Northamptonshire (PRWeb UK) July 22, 2009
The UK's leading technology sales and marketing coach has become so frustrated with the politicians as they seem to struggle to nurse the country's ailing businesses back to health, he has issued a 'Manifesto for Business' to offer them some guidance.
Terry Forsey, based in Northamptonshire believes that MPs have failed to properly understand those who know most about business - the owners and managers of the largest sector of the economy, the Small Medium Business (SMB).
"Government support is too often focused on banking, accountancy, HR and health and safety," says Terry. "Politicians and civil servants need to recognise that these are all costs to a SMB and acknowledge that there is only one thing that will increase the value of the business and ensure its growth and survival - a strong and effective sales and marketing strategy!"
Terry went on to explain that the SMB sector provides almost 60%* of the private sector employment and contributes over £107,000 per head* to the UK's Gross Domestic Product - making it the backbone of UK entrepreneurial talent and a valuable source of wealth creation.
"I have produced this manifesto to offer guidance to governments - no matter the political party - on issues that matter most to the smaller business organisation," Terry added. "There are 13 main areas that need attention, including effective business support, financial and taxation measures to encourage growth.
"For example, I'd like to see civil servants in the Department for Business Innovation and Skills develop a greater understanding of SMBs by introducing a compulsory, annual 4-week placement in the 'real world' - giving them an opportunity to see at first hand the issues faced by these types of business. I'd also recommend that leaders of governmental departments relating to business were actually business people themselves - with a proven track record and therefore in an inherent knowledge upon which to base strategies and policies.
"I am committed to driving this debate to achieve better and more relevant support for SMBs to unleash the wealth creation potential of entrepreneurs to transform the UK into an incubator for emerging entrepreneurial talent."
To see the complete manifesto visit http://www.entrepreneurs-manifesto.com and to join the debate email, manifesto(at)forsey.info.
*according to 2007 figures issued by the Department for Business Innovation and Skills
About Terry Forsey
- Committed to driving the debate to achieve better and more relevant support for SMBs to unleash the wealth creation potential of entrepreneurs to transform the UK into an incubator for emerging entrepreneurial talent.
- MSc in Computer Science.
- 30 years working as a Sales and Marketing focused Director within the IT Industry.
- Experience with Small & Medium sized technology companies
- Raised Venture Capital on three occasions and sold businesses twice.
- 8 years as a Sales and Marketing coach helping SMB technology businesses.
- Recently described (unprompted) as the "Affordable John Harvey-Jones".
- Non-executive Director of five companies,
- In the National Business Link Consultants register
- BVM approved Mentor working with The Princes Trust, Business Support Northamptonshire and East Midlands Business Champions.
- Member of the British Computer Society, a Fellow of the Institute of Sales & Marketing Management, a Member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and a Member of the Institute of Directors.