Manchester, UK (PRWEB) July 21, 2009
Ford is the white van man's favourite make of vehicle according to an in-depth analysis of 65,000 Swinton Commercial Vehicle Insurance customers. The analysis found 32% of van drivers prefer a Ford to any other make with Vauxhall coming second with 11%. Citroen and Mercedes came joint third with 5% each.
The top five models according to Swinton Van insurance customers were:
1. Ford Transit
2. Ford Escort
3. Vauxhall Combo
4. Mercedes Sprinter
5. Volkswagen Transporter
The survey also revealed that 86% of van drivers also owned a car in addition to their van and 42% owned two or more cars.
Phil Moss, Commercial Vehicle Manager at Swinton, said: "The Ford Transit has been the biggest selling commercial vehicle in the UK for over 40 years and our research reinforces this. Over a third of the vans we insure each year are manufactured by Ford."
For more information contact Michael Travers or Anoushka Foster at Manchester PR agency SKV Communications on 0161 838 7770.
- Swinton Commercial is the dedicated commercial insurance division of the Swinton Group
- Swinton Commercial was awarded Commercial Lines Broker of the Year 2008 and is a finalist at the British Insurer Awards 2009
- With 580 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK's largest high street insurance retailer
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates