It's hot, customers need electricity to run their air conditioners, so we're providing some extra relief for those in need
Irving, Texas (PRWEB) July 25, 2009
First Choice Power has extended its deposit waivers for low-income seniors and is challenging customers for a triple match to provide additional bill payment assistance.
"It's hot, customers need electricity to run their air conditioners, so we're providing some extra relief for those in need," said Brian Hayduk, president of First Choice Power.
Customer Relief Programs
- Deposit waivers now are available for seniors 62 and older.
- Residential customers may pay their deposit in two equal installments.
- First Choice Power offers customer choice with a broad range of price plans, including two-year price protection and 100 percent renewable energy plans.
- Energy-efficiency tips for every room in the house. Visit http://www.FirstChoicePower.com/tips.
- First Choice Power Reduce Your UseTM grants will be awarded next month to nonprofits for use in purchasing energy-efficiency products and services.
- Care to Share funds are available for deposits.
Triple Match for Care to Share
First Choice Power will triple any donations made to its Care to Share program to help low-income and elderly who need help paying their bills.
For every $1 a residential customer donates to the Care to Share Fund now until Sept. 20, 2009, First Choice Power will contribute $3.*
Customers can make a contribution by adding a donation to their monthly bill payment and submitting it along with their check payment. Donations are tax deductible.
LITE-UP Texas Reminder
Participants in the LITE-UP TEXAS program: The discounts in 2009 on your electric bill will end on the September 2009 electric bill. If you self-enrolled in the program, continue to self-enroll at every eligibility period. The 2010 discount period is May to September. For more information and program requirements, call (866) 454-8387 or visit the Public Utility Commission of Texas Web site, http://www.puc.state.tx.us/ocp/assist/lowincasst.cfm
About First Choice Power
Based in Las Colinas, Texas, First Choice Power is one of Texas' largest retail electric providers. It is a subsidiary of PNM Resources, an investor-owned energy holding company. For more information, visit http://www.FirstChoicePower.com.
*Up to $10,000 per contributor
PUC REP Certification No. 10008 | First Choice Power Special Purpose, L.P.
# # #