He is a perfect addition to our schedule of speakers.
San Francisco, CA (PRWEB) July 28, 2009
The GigaOM Network, parent company of the influential blog GigaOM and the Structure 09 conference, is pleased to announce that Cole Brodman, Chief Technology and Innovation Officer of T-Mobile USA Inc., will be a keynote speaker at its Mobilize 09 conference being held Sept. 10, 2009, in San Francisco.
"Cole's vision of the promise that future networks hold is one that the audience at Mobilize 09 will want to hear about," says GigaOM founder Om Malik. "He is a perfect addition to our schedule of speakers."
Brodman joins a rich line-up of innovators, entrepreneurs and mobile web industry professionals that will gather at Mobilize 09 to explore the future of this rapidly evolving sector. Since much of that future will be dictated by today's startups, one of the conference's key features is "LaunchPad," where 10 such startups will make their debut.
As Malik notes, "It's a very exciting time to be in a mobile web startup. The prevailing economy is indeed tough, but the startups that make it through the recession will be well positioned for success. And we hope that LaunchPad will give some of the better ideas a helping hand." Interested startup's can apply for the Launchpad via the Mobilize 09 website at http://www.mobilizeconf.com/
The overarching theme of this year's Mobilize is Ultraband, a term Malik coined to describe the next generation of mobile networks and services. As he explains, "We've seen many indicators that a massive leap in wireless broadband capacity is due to emerge. We see ultraband as a platform upon which other innovative layers and services will be built."
Finally, the GigaOM Network would like to thank Mobilize 09's headline sponsor, Qualcomm, whose participation helps keep ticket prices accessible for attendees. "With its firm commitment to a wireless broadband future, my team and I are very happy to once again have Qualcomm as our primary sponsor."
Panel Topics include:
- The Netbooks, MIDs and the Ultraportable Boom
- Ultraband: A Fast Platform for Innovation
- Monetizing Your Apps
- Monetizing Context and Location
- Innovating New Products and Service Ideas
- Future "App Store" Models
- Mobile Analytics Panel
- VC Outlook on Investments
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Len Lauer - COO, Qualcomm
- Frank Meehan - CEO, INQ Mobile
- Abhi Ingle - VP Mobility Apps, AT&T
- Brett Galloway - SVP Wireless and Security Technology Group, Cisco
- Noury Al Khaledy, GM, Nettop & Netbook Computing, Intel
- Brian Pitstick - Senior Manager (Netbooks), Product Marketing, Dell
- Doug Mack - VP and GM, Hosted and Consumer Solutions, Adobe Systems
- Jesse James Garret - President and Founder, Adaptive Path
- Jon von Tetzchner - Co-Founder and CEO, Opera Software
- Mark Spoonauer - Editor in Chief, LAPTOP Magazine
- Bernardo Huberman - Social Computing Laboratory, HP Labs, HP
- Crysta Metcalf - Social Media Research Lab, Motorola
- Denise Gershbein, Principal, frog design
- Jhonatan Rotberg - Founder and Director, Next Billion Network @ MIT
- Mitch Lasky - General Partner, Benchmark Capital
- Jake Seid - Managing Director, Lightspeed Venture Partners
- Alex Bloom - CEO, Handango
Full details can be found at http://events.gigaom.com/mobilize/09/
To hear more about our speaker additions as they happen, follow us on Twitter @mobilizeconf [LINK TO: http://twitter.com/mobilizeconf/
Standard tickets cost $595, but we're offering a super saver rate of $495 currently.
Please register here http://mobilize09.eventbrite.com/
Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM) is a leader in developing and delivering innovative digital wireless communications products and services based on CDMA and other advanced technologies. Headquartered in San Diego, Calif., Qualcomm is included in the S&P 100 Index, the S&P 500 Index and is a 2009 FORTUNE 500 company. For more information, please visit http://www.qualcomm.com.
GigaOM is the premier destination site for technology industry insiders, movers and shakers, and early adopter consumers. It is widely considered the authoritative site for discovering what's new, relevant and interesting in the dynamic world of technology. From exclusive product launches to award-winning analysis and commentary, GigaOM's coverage influences business and technology sectors with its reliable, well-researched and professional reporting -- and its signature intelligence, candor and irreverence.
About The GigaOM Network
The GigaOM Network is a leading provider of publications and events for the technology and entrepreneurial markets worldwide. Founded by award-winning journalist Om Malik, The GigaOM Network is an online publishing company whose network of news sites reaches more than 2 million readers worldwide and provides news and insight on the developments disrupting the world of technology. The GigaOM Network includes seven award-winning sites: GigaOM covers the business of broadband, VoIP, infrastructure, mobile and wireless; WebWorkerDaily covers the future of work in a web world; NewTeeVee covers the business of online video; Earth2Tech covers the business of green technology; OStatic is a web application, news site and community looking at open-source solutions for business; jkOnTheRun offers news and insight on mobile devices; and TheAppleBlog is a leading source of information for Apple users. The GigaOM Network also produces industry-leading events, including annual conferences: Structure, Mobilize, NewTeeVee Live and Green:Net.