New York, NY (PRWEB) July 30, 2009
Ken Miller Group announces that a US patent was granted to Ken Miller for an innovation methodology he uses in work with clients to direct product and package design initiatives. The patent, awarded on July 27, 2009, is comprised of proprietary research and analytical tools that help focus, inspire and guide concept development activities at consumer products companies.
The KMG Innovation Methodology is an approach to surfacing, understanding and analyzing valued consumer utilities and emotional, perceptual and functional performance expectations. Integrated tools uncover gaps, opportunities and risks, and drive consensus on a focused design direction for concept development.
The Ken Miller Group also announces a new web site that offers more information on the KMG Innovation Methodology, and also provides "insight for innovation" for professionals in consumer packaged goods companies.
The site is found at http://www.kenmillergroup.com and will offer the following resources:
- Review of the research and analytical tools derived from KMG's patented innovation methodology.
- Published articles written by Ken Miller on innovation topics such as design research and innovation processes.
- Category-specific case studies that highlight innovation approaches step-by-step.
- The Insight for Innovation® Blog that speaks to timely issues in product development.
- Access to Ken's new book, Insight for Innovation, issued free to those who request it through the site.
KMG works with consumer packaged goods companies to help focus, inspire and guide their product and package innovation initiatives. KMG uses a patented methodology consisting of proprietary tools in research and analysis to provide on-strategy and actionable "front-end" design direction to ensure that new concepts are right for the consumer, the brand and the organization.