(PRWEB) July 31, 2009
The organisers of Cowes Week will be asking the 8,500 competitors racing this year to provide them with valuable feedback during and after the regatta (1-8 August 2009) to enable them to improve the quality of racing and the event as a whole year-on-year. For the sixth year running leading online research company, eDigitalResearch will work with Cowes Week Limited on this research.
During the regatta, competitors will be asked to use eDigitalResearch's mobile SMS survey technology to provide instant feedback on the courses. Competitors simply text their opinions at the end of each race and the course-setters will use this feedback to make improvements on a daily basis.
In addition, competitors will be offered the chance to 'opt-in' to become part of an exclusive online community where they can provide further detailed feedback and interact with Cowes Week CEO and sailing veteran, Stuart Quarrie, via a live web chat. Gaining perspectives from competitors in this way will aid general improvements to the Cowes Week experience. Those wishing to participate should log on to http://www.cowesweek.co.uk and go to the post-regatta survey.
"As hosts of one of the world's largest sailing regattas, we take pride in listening to our competitors and visitors in order to improve our event. Feedback is vital for us, not just in terms of volume, but quality and depth too," comments Stuart Quarrie, CEO of Cowes Week Limited. "By offering the opportunity to engage with us by SMS, online feedback, and in person through our web chat, we will be able to gather a deeper understanding of what people think, and on this basis, make general improvements for future years".
Michelle Fuller, Director at eDigitalResearch, comments: "In today's climate, keeping your customers close is more important than ever. By canvassing opinions via the online feedback survey and offering the chance to engage in person, Cowes Week Ltd will further strengthen the bond it has formed with its sailing community."
For more information about eDigitalResearch, please contact Zoe Palmer at Merchant Marketing Group on 023 8021 5380 or email.
For more information about Cowes Week, please contact Victoria Rhodes, Holly Blake, Caroline Reincke, Rosi McGhee or Sally Alexander on 020 7845 6600 or email.
eDigitalResearch is a leading provider of digital market research, enabling customers to make critical business decisions with the benefit of comprehensive consumer insight and informed direction. eDigitalResearch possesses a unique combination of research expertise, marketing background, web technology and knowledge of the cross-channel consumer. As well as providing invaluable research data, the modules of our fully integrated research system - ratings, surveys, panels and forums - can combine to provide holistic analytics and essential market-leading insight. This gives our clients the power, confidence and backup to make crucial decisions on key aspects of their business including product range, marketing, customer service, supply chain, even basic positioning.
About Cowes Week
- Cowes Week is an integral part of the British social and sporting calendar and, as such, it attracts around 100,000 visitors to Cowes. It has a vibrant festival atmosphere and provides a fun day out for all the family; young and old
- Cowes Week attracts around 1,000 yachts in up to 40 classes, and 8,500 competitors ranging from weekend sailors through to Olympic medallists and World Champions
- Cowes Week's supporting sponsors include: Henri Lloyd, Champagne G.H. Mumm, Liz Earle Naturally Active Skincare, Talisker Single Malt Scotch Whisky, Wightcable and the Isle of Wight Council
- Cowes Week's official suppliers are: Admiralty Leisure, Cowes Harbour Commission, eDigitalResearch, Happy Daze, Icom, Nexus, Oceanworld, Ondeck, Red Funnel, Sandham, Thomas Lyte, Visitmap, Volvo and Williams Shipping
- The official event website for all the latest news and information is: http://www.cowesweek.co.uk
# # #