San Jose, Costa Rica (PRWEB) July 31, 2009
Costa Rica is more affordable than ever thanks to low airfare and hotels catering to discerning, cost-conscious travelers by offering unprecedented discounts and specials. Not only do round trip flights to Costa Rica cost less than $300 from more than five major U.S. airports, the country's current inflation rates have the U.S. dollar value reaching its highest point in years. This Central American destination, which is closer than Europe and Hawaii, safer than Mexico and Jamaica and packed full of natural wonders, just may be the perfect summer vacation destination for the frugal traveler.
The U.S. summer corresponds with Costa Rica's green season, or low season as it is known in the tourism industry. Considering the current economic situation and the natural decrease in occupancy during these months, it is no surprise that local Costa Rica hotels are offering up amazing incentives to stay competitive and fill their rooms. The only catch is, some digging might be required to find them. Most of these special offers are known as 'deal closers' and probably won't come out of a tight lipped sales person unless they are asked directly or scared they might lose the sale.
These deal closers are not strategic 5% off marketing schemes either. Free night stays, discounts of up to 50% off and added value options like half off spa treatments, free meals and welcome packages of wine and more are some of the items up for grab.
Some of the top agencies specializing in travel to Costa Rica were interviewed to compile this Top 15 list of the season's best savings. As most of these discounts aren't readily advertised, inquiring travelers must remember to request them specifically when booking a vacation!
1. Villa Buena Onda, Guanacaste - This luxury all inclusive villa is offering last minute savings of up to 25% OFF for stays between now and October. The villa is ideal for accommodating between 8 and 23 guests and the discounts are available for any 4 night stay or longer during the following dates. See http://www.mycostaricavilla.com for details.
- Aug 15-28............25% off
- Sep 4-13..............20% off
- Sep 21-Oct 3........15% off
- Oct 4-13...............15% off
2. Any Costa Rica Vacation - Any getaway booked with Costa Rican Vacations before August 31 will include one of the following: FREE rescheduling coverage, a FREE private one way ground transfer or FREE domestic flights from the beach. See http://www.vacationscostarica.com/ for details.
3. Grand Papagayo, Guanacaste - Get up to 40% off last minute stays at this luxurious all inclusive resort before August 31.
4. Villa Blanca Cloud Forest Hotel, San Ramon - Take 50% off the third night plus spa credit for stays before Augst 31. Visit anytime from Sept. 1 through Oct. 31, and pay for two nights and get a third night free. Kids under 12 stay free through Nov. 14.
5. Si Como No, Manuel Antonio - Get 50% off the third night plus spa credit OR pay four nights and get a 5th night free for visits before August 31. For stays reserved anytime from Sept. 1 through Oct. 31, pay for two nights and get a third night free. Kids under 12 stay free through Nov. 14.
6. Aguila de Osa, Drake Bay - Stay from now through Dec. 14 and get an extra night free with bookings of three or more nights, with meals included.
7. Capitan Suizo, Tamarindo - Book their three night package before August 31 and save $205, plus 50% off treatments at the brand new spa. The total package is now only $548.
8. Reserva Conchal, Playa Conchal - Stay two nights during August, September or October and get a third night free, or stay 4 nights and get 2 additional nights free!
9. Tabacon Grand Spa Thermal Resort, Arenal - Stay between Sept. 4 and Nov. 11 and get a night free after paying for three nights or more.
10. Hotel Alta, San Jose - Visit before Nov. 20 and get a third night for free after booking two nights at the hotel. The stay does not have to be over consecutive nights.
11. Xandari Resort and Spa, San Jose - Book three nights during September or October and get a fourth night free.
12. Xandari by the pacific, Esterillos - Pay for four nights and stay for five during the months of September and October
13. Arenas del Mar, Manuel Antonio - Through Nov. 20 guests can visit this beach front resort for five nights and only pay for four nights!
14. Villa Caletas, Jaco - Through Dec. 20, book three nights or more and get an additional night for free. Children under 12 also stay free.
15. Tango Mar, Tambor - Stay three nights or more and get an extra night free for stays through Dec. 15 at this secluded beach front boutique hotel.
*The information provided was accurate upon publication and refers to 2009 bookings. Many of the specials listed came directly from Costa Rican Vacations, a luxury online travel agency specializing in travel to Costa Rica and Panama. For more information on the regions, properties and deals, refer to the contact information below.
# # #