Glen Ellyn, IL (PRWEB) July 31, 2009
Evanston Advisors, a financial advisory firm based in Schaumburg, IL, has been listed among the nation's top 25 "Up and Comers" among financial advisory firms by InvestmentNews. Evanston Advisors came in at number 24 on the list compiled by InvestmentNews, which covers the financial advisor industry and is published in New York by Chicago-based Crain Communications.
The listing, which appeared in the June 1 issue of the publication, covered fee-only independent Registered Investment Advisors. The rankings were based on discretionary assets under management, as defined by the Securities & Exchange Commission and held by the firm as of March 31, 2009. Firms included in the list met the following criteria, according to InvestmentNews:
● They have between $100 million and $500 million in discretionary assets under management.
● They had greater than 30 percent growth in discretionary assets under management from Dec. 31, 2007 to March 31, 2009.
● More than 50 percent of their business serves the retail marketplace.
● They provide financial planning services, portfolio management for individuals or conduct due-diligence on third-party advisors.
● They do not do business as a bank, insurance company or broker-dealer.
● They do not charge commissions or have employees who are registered representatives.
● The management of proprietary products is not a dominant part of their business.
"We at Evanston Advisors were pleased to be included as one of the top up-and-coming advisors in the country," said founding partner Keith Cantrell, CPA, CFP®. "We appreciate the trust that our clients have in us, and we are gratified that their trust has been reflected in this honor."
About Evanston Advisors:
Evanston Advisors is a holistic financial planning and investment management firm offering advice to families and their related businesses, trusts, estates, and charitable organizations. The firm provides planning and advisory services in the areas of securities investments, estate planning, trust planning, budgeting, transition planning, college funding and tax counseling.
Evanston Advisors was founded in 1982. In addition to Cantrell, the firm's principals are David Jackson and Nathan Snodgrass, CFA, CFP®. Evanston Advisors is located at 1827 Walden Office Square, Suite 104, Schaumburg, IL 60173; (847) 397-3000; http://www.evanstonadvisors.com.