The Midwest Healthcare Business Intelligence Summit will help healthcare leaders -- as well as pharmacy benefit management companies, third-party payers, medical device, and other professionals who work in peripheral healthcare industries
Burnsville, MN (PRWEB) July 31, 2009
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN (PRWEB) July 31, 2009 -- Healthcare professionals from across the Midwest are expected to attend the first Midwest Healthcare Business Intelligence (BI) Summit October 27, 2009, to discuss the core challenges and real-world solutions to better manage their organizations. This timely, all-day event will take place at The Depot in downtown Minneapolis from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Summit organizers also announced the first slate of speakers participating in the program (See Below).
Cost of the event, which includes breakfast, lunch and reception, is $195.00. : Register online or call 952-230-9283 before August 15 to receive 25% off.
According to Summit Executive Board members, Tom Niccum, Ph.D., and Laura Madsen, M.S., this event will demonstrate the business value and strategic competitive edge BI provides to the many facets of the healthcare industry -- even in a dismal economy (Scroll down for Summit Backgrounder).
First Speakers Identified; Additional Sponsors Wanted
"The Midwest Healthcare Business Intelligence Summit will help healthcare leaders -- as well as pharmacy benefit management companies, third-party payers, medical device, and other professionals who work in peripheral healthcare industries," Madsen said. "Attendees will learn about the impact Business Intelligence can have to enhance their every day processes, including, but not limited to finance, clinical and process improvement efforts, new regulations, and other issues.
"The sessions are designed for non-technical leaders of health plans, hospital systems and others," Niccum emphasized, "who want to explore high-level topics in a meaningful way with leading healthcare management practitioners from the region and abroad. We expect to announce one or two more speakers and additional sponsors who are interested in tackling the operational challenges that healthcare faces in this unusually difficult economic environment."
Speakers to date include (click on names for more information):
- Daniel B. McLaughlin, MHA, Director, Center for Health and Medical Affairs
- Andrea Marks, Executive Director, BHI Business Intelligence, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
- Scott Wanless, Principal Management Consultant, Healthcare Practice Leader, Fujitsu Consulting
- Barbara Johnson, VP of International Business Development, UnitedHealth Europe
Who Should Attend
- Health Plan and Healthcare Technology CEOs
- Health Plan, Government and Healthcare Technology CIOs
- Hospital Directors and Administrators
- Health informatics professionals
- Group Medical Practice Administrators and IT Directors
- Relevant regional and national healthcare public authorities and policymakers
- Healthcare IT software and hardware development companies
- Group Practice Administrators
- Medical Records Managers
- Medical Directors
- Directors of Nursing & Medical Informatics
For more information about the Summit, visit:
For more information or to interview Laura Madsen and/or Tom Niccum -- please contact Martin Keller at 612-729-8585, or via e-mail.