Whatever our client's choice of menu entails, we promise an unforgettable meal their guests will rave about.
Columbus, Ohio (PRWEB) August 1, 2009
Sandman Gourmet Catering, a full service caterer in Columbus, Ohio providing extraordinary dining fare and services for every event, shares some of the newest catering trends for weddings. Chef Rich Rores, president of Sandman Gourmet, says when planning your wedding reception, create a menu that both excites and invites. "When you prepare a memorable wedding reception, it really is all about the food," said Chef Rich Rores.
As one of central Ohio's top wedding and event caterers, Chef Rores and his staff keep on top of the newest trends in wedding catering. Always at the forefront, Sandman Gourmet offers some of the nation's top catering trends for the 2009/2010 wedding season.
- Color it Perfect: Design a drink and food menu that matches your signature colors.
- Signature Beverages: Drinks that reflect the style and tastes of the couple are still trendy. Serve a signature drink at a customized drink station.
- Stay Seasonal: Consider your catering menu based on the season of your wedding. Example: Serve an apple-maple glazed chicken with pumpkin cheesecake during the fall or a lemon-grilled salmon with steamed fresh vegetables during the summer.
- Family-Style: Serving guests family-style is no longer just for Sunday dinners. It can save you money, take the stuffiness out of a formal sit-down meal and encourage guest interaction.
- Think Green - Think Local: While serving organic is still a popular option, the newest trend includes serving local food products that support the sustainable farm-to-fork concept. It also helps stimulate the local economy and provide a truly unique wedding reception.
- A Kids' Menu With Sass: It's not just macaroni anymore. Today's kids are more sophisticated in their culinary tastes. Kick it up a level when planning a kids' menu. It should be healthy, tasty and fashionable.
- Global Is Good: Exotic ingredients and foods like Middle Eastern herbs and sauces can add zip and zing to your menu and the palette of your guests.
- Tasting Menus: Tasting menus are being seen at black-tie weddings. Serve five to seven mini courses - even pair them with a different wine for each course.
- Interactive Culinary Kiosks: Some caterers are creating interactive culinary stations like a Sushi Station or a Chef's Bar with tapas-style food.
- Couture Cakes Are In: Large traditional, multi-tiered wedding cakes have taken a back seat to Couture Wedding Cakes. These cakes are one of the hottest trends along with small individual cakes for each guest.
"We really enjoy working with the bride and groom to pair some of the classic, traditional favorites with a new twist," said Chef Rores. "Whatever our client's choice of menu entails, we promise an unforgettable meal their guests will rave about."
About Sandman Gourmet Catering Sandman Gourmet Catering prides itself on planning, creating and serving tasty menu options that are guaranteed to delight the palettes of your guests. Our years of training and experience in creating the right menu for the right occasion provide memorable results for hosts and their guests. For more information, visit http://www.sandmangourmetcatering.com.
# # #