Diagnosing Generational Differences in Physician Engagement.
Charlotte, N.C. (Vocus) August 1, 2009
Morehead, the human capital research firm, will host a webinar titled "Diagnosing Generational Differences in Physician Engagement." The free hour-long webinar will be broadcast on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 at 1:00 p.m. EST.
In this first of a two-part webinar series, David Rowlee, Ph.D., Morehead's Vice President, Physician Research Services, and Brad Morton, Morehead's Senior Vice President, Product Management, will discuss how generational factors impact physician engagement. The entry of Generation X physicians to healthcare represents a profound demographic shift for hospitals. Hospitals must understand how attitudes and behaviors of Generation X physicians differ compared to their older colleagues--Baby Boom and Traditionalist Generations.
Morehead's national study reveals different views that Gen X, Baby Boom, and Traditionalist Generation physicians maintain toward key aspects of health systems, including quality of care, hospital strategies, leadership performance, and how these perceptions combine to impact their loyalty. In order to engage all generations, hospitals must understand these differences and how to address them.
In this webcast, participants will learn:
- how generation membership significantly impacts the attitudes that physicians maintain toward health system leadership, patient care and operational aspects of hospitals
- how a health system can assess the attitudinal differences of its physicians and develop systemic strategies to embrace all physicians regardless of age
- the drivers of physician loyalty for different generation groups
- how building and sustaining loyalty among different generation groups directly drives hospital revenue
To register for the free hour-long webinar, visit http://moreheadassociates.com/events/registration/event99.html
To register for Part II of the webinar, "He Said … She Said: How Gender Differences Impact Physician Engagement to be broadcast on September 16, 2009 at 1:00 p.m. EST, visit http://moreheadassociates.com/events/registration/event100.html
Morehead delivers human capital surveys, metrics and solutions that enable leaders to make better decisions, build employee engagement, and drive the performance of critical outcomes, such as overall satisfaction, quality, and financial performance. This is accomplished by:
- targeting and focusing human capital initiatives
- prioritizing systemic change
- informing work unit interventions
- aligning employees with business strategies
Since 1979, Morehead's approach has been supported by sound research and validated by experience. Clients include healthcare providers, financial institutions, government agencies, universities, service providers, and manufacturers. For more information, visit http://www.moreheadassociates.com.