We look forward to working with PointSecure to deliver their leading security and auditing solutions to our JAMS customers.
Houston, TX (PRWEB) August 5, 2009
PointSecure, the leader in OpenVMS security and auditing tools, and MVP Systems Software, the leading provider of enterprise batch job scheduling software, today announced a joint partnership. With PointSecure's security and auditing products and MVP's JAMS Job Scheduler, OpenVMS administrators can fill their security, auditing and job scheduling needs with one phone call.
"If you send a text message today, odds are it passed through an OpenVMS server. Most healthcare information and money transfers also go through OpenVMS," said Rick Pleczko, President and CEO of PointSecure. "According to HP, there are more than 10 million users who rely on OpenVMS, making securing and managing the platform a must. MVP Systems and PointSecure can help OpenVMS users with both tasks easily and effectively."
PointSecure's solutions include:
- System Detective™ - A powerful security and auditing solution that helps to identify who did what, when, and how on your OpenVMS systems.
- PointAudit™ - Helps to improve security and ensure compliance with regulatory and data security requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley, GLBA, HIPAA, and Basel II by providing customizable, low-impact auditing and reporting on settings across multiple OpenVMS systems.
"OpenVMS has a long history in some of the largest IT organizations in the world and therefore, it handles our customers' most vital data," said Scott McCausland, Vice President at MVP Systems. "We look forward to working with PointSecure to deliver their leading security and auditing solutions to our JAMS customers."
JAMS (Job Access and Management System) is an easy-to use and extremely powerful batch processing solution that is suitable for any size organization. The reliability of JAMS is unprecedented, processing tens of millions of batch jobs for hundreds of companies each and every day.
JAMS Job Scheduler provides:
- Cross-platform scheduling - Windows, OpenVMS, Linux, UNIX - in fact, all operating systems are covered by JAMS
- .NET framework for easy application integration
- Resource-based scheduling so that users and applications are never impacted by the back-end processing
- Native PowerShell support, Microsoft's robust automation and scripting language.
PointSecure is the market leader in security solutions for the OpenVMS platform, helping companies protect OpenVMS systems from both external and internal security threats while ensuring compliance with security policies and governmental regulations such as HIPAA, GLBA and BS779. Our customers include some of the largest OpenVMS installations in the world. Headquartered in Houston, Texas, PointSecure was founded by veterans in the OpenVMS and security management industry to provide proven, effective security technologies to the OpenVMS community. For more information or to schedule a live demonstration of PointSecure's solutions, please visit http://www.pointsecure.com.
About MVP Systems Software, Inc.
For more than 20 years, MVP Systems Software, Inc. has provided leading-edge batch job scheduling and automation solutions to its more than 600+ customers. MVP's customers include household names like JPMorgan, Boeing, Kaiser Permanente, The Hartford, and the US Postal Service. MVP's solutions are delivered in traditional software as well as SaaS models. To learn more about MVP, please visit http://www.JAMSScheduler.com or call 866-259-JAMS