Poole, Dorset (PRWeb UK) August 6, 2009
Recent research conducted by digital marketing agency Intergage has revealed that companies switching to online advertising to boost marketing efficiency are missing out on vital opportunities.
As a result, the Google AdWords experts at Intergage have launched a new drive to share knowledge to help companies grow returns from their Pay Per Click (PPC) advertising.
Detailed reviews of PPC campaigns by the digital marketing agency revealed several key PPC techniques that firms are failing to exploit.
- Negative keywords. Building a comprehensive negative keyword list cuts untargeted traffic - increasing Click Through Rates, keyword quality scores and lowering the average cost per click.
- AdScheduling. Running hourly reports at account level shows what time of day adverts receive best Click Through Rates. Using AdScheduling directs budget to these key times.
- Phrase match. Using "phrase match" rather than broad match helps show which keywords bring quality traffic. Firms should try raising bids or daily budget on these terms only.
- Conversion tracking. Essential to show which keywords drive leads and sales. Once these terms are known, companies should put more money into them and build granular ad groups with highly relevant copy.
- Geo-targeting. Firms can target specific regions or countries so only the most relevant audience will see adverts, saving vital budget.
- Competitor Research. Do competitors' adverts drop off at a certain time of day when their budget is all spent? If so, companies are urged to invest more budget at these times to exploit the gap.
- AdWords preview tool. This tool allows users to search for their own adverts without triggering unnecessary impressions.
- Split-test adverts. After around 60 clicks, work out which ad copy has worked best (conversion is usually the best metric) and re-write the losing advert.
- Granularity. Make ad groups as granular as possible, even if they contain only one or two keywords. Even separating singular and plural versions of a search term can dramatically improve CTR.
The driving force behind the PPC review is Intergage Search Marketing Manager Keira Long. She adds this final piece of advice: "Carry out regular keyword research to avoid missing out on long tail keywords which are cheap and highly convertible.
"Those low traffic, high intent keywords are the key to success. Find them before your competitors do!"
Keira is always happy to chat or comment about any aspect of Web marketing on 023 8064 7005.
If you would like to know more about UK digital marketing agency Intergage and the Web marketing services it can provide, please visit http://www.intergage.co.uk
Information for Editors:
Intergage Ltd (Dorset & Head Office)
Unit 8, Holes Bay Park
Sterte Avenue West
Dorset BH15 2AA
Tel: 0845 456 1022
Tel: +44 (0)1202 684009
Fax: +44 (0)845 456 0722
Intergage Ltd (Hampshire Office)
Hampshire SO53 3TG
Tel: 0845 456 1022
Tel: +44 (0)23 8064 7005
Tel: +44 (0)845 456 0722
Intergage Ltd is the complete Web marketing partner, a leading UK digital marketing agency that continues to expand and recruit the brightest staff.
All Intergage services have a clear focus on providing you with a return on investment from your Web marketing.
Intergage Web marketing services include:
- designing and building websites that enable clients to manage their own content using the unique Intergage Content Management System
- planning and managing all your Search Engine Optimisation, Pay-Per-Click advertising and Web marketing needs to ensure your site receives and successfully converts a steady stream of customer enquiries
- comprehensive Web marketing training to empower you and enable you to manage SEO, PPC and the Intergage Content Management System.
Intergage is also involved with the selling of third party products and services such as:
- Sage accountancy software
- ProspectVision - software which enables you to identify people that have visited your website and qualify them as cool, warm or hot prospects
- online video streaming
- digital PR, social networking business consultancy.
Intergage is committed to a long-term relationship with each and every client and as such is constantly seeking ways to improve your website results.
Intergage boasts more than 350 clients. Having started the business five years ago, Directors Paul and Gareth Tansey are proud to have retained at least 95 per cent of clients year on year.
For more information about Intergage, any of the services it provides or just to have a friendly chat with a team member, please visit http://www.intergage.co.uk or contact Richard Watts on 023 8064 7005.