Clients can receive an enhancement that may be critical to their business prior to the next major release.
Emigsville, PA (PRWEB) August 10, 2009
Vasont Systems, a leading provider of content management software and data services, today announced the release of the next interim version of their content management system, Vasont® 12.1, that enables users to store multilingual content once for maximum reuse and delivery to multiple channels. This release is available on August 10, 2009 for both the client/server and hosted (SaaS) models.
"Vasont's interim releases enable clients to receive the new features they need sooner," said Richard Schiding, President of Vasont Systems. "Clients can receive an enhancement that may be critical to their business prior to the next major release."
Enhancements in Vasont 12.1 include:
- Component-Level Translation - Content tracked in Vasont can be sent for translation at the most granular component level defined in the client's system. Component-level translation provides more reuse opportunities for multilingual content and eliminates re-translation of components, saving more money in translation costs.
- Powerful Project Management for Modular Content - With one click on a book or map, Vasont reports all modular subcomponents that contain active workflows to the user, and prevents task completion on the book or map when active modular workflows exist. This ensures all modular subcomponents are completed and approved before any further tasks can be completed on its primary content. This is especially powerful for users of DITA and other modular configurations.
- Vector Image Support - Thumbnails of vector images are now supported in Vasont, including SVG, EPS, CGM, DXF, DWG and many other vector formats, making it easier to find and view these graphics.
- Master Variant Report - Variants promote reuse by identifying similar content. This new report displays all components with Variant relationships for easier tracking.
- Notifications for Added Components - A user can choose to be notified when a specific type of component is added to their content, promoting automated collaboration among users of the system.
- Project Management and Workflow Enhancements - Vasont provides drill-down Gantt Charts for tracking the status of a project's tasks. Rescheduling for both the overall project and individual tasks was upgraded to provide more options for users in an easy-to-use format. An enhanced search feature pinpoints the exact project or task information.
For more information, visit Vasont Systems' website.
About Vasont Systems
Headquartered in Pennsylvania, Vasont Systems is a provider of content management software and data services, backed by 59 years of experience in the information management and publishing industry. Its Vasont content management system enables organizations to manage and store their multilingual content once for multi-channel delivery. Fortune 1000 companies and organizations from industries including manufacturing, technology, publishing, and healthcare use Vasont to manage and produce multilingual technical documentation, training programs, and reference materials. Vasont® is a registered trademark of Vasont Systems. Visit Vasont Systems' website
# # #