Chandler, AZ (PRWEB) August 12, 2009
Responding to tight education budgets and a growing interest in proven approaches to dropout prevention and credit recovery, the education and technology company Pearson today announced the launch of its proactive recovery session of the National Education Reinvention Virtual Conference. With the average national dropout rate reaching 30 percent, Pearson's online conference offers educators the opportunity to learn about proactive recovery and dropout prevention strategies for middle and high school that can improve student success.
"With our online conference, we are offering educators around the country a free, engaging and interactive way to gather valuable information on the latest, proven strategies for keeping students on track to meet learning goals and lowering the dropout rate," said Pearson digital president Bob Roliardi.
Educators will have on-demand access to traditional conference elements: expert speakers, an exhibit hall and the opportunity to network through a chat lounge, but without travel costs or registration fees. A certificate of completion also is available for those educators needing continuing education credits. These resources will be available 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week through October 9, 2009.
Virtual conference webinar sessions from education experts, podcasts from former Pearson students and videos from current customers will offer practical strategies and inspiring stories. A complete agenda for the conference can be found at this link: http://www.pearsonschool.com/index.cfm?locator=PSZePj.
In the virtual exhibit hall, conference attendees can engage with Pearson's digital solutions and services, access demonstrations, and learn how these products are already helping schools throughout the nation use their stimulus investment to improve student achievement and teacher effectiveness. Solutions to be showcased include:
- NovaNET - Designed for grades 6-12, NovaNET is an all-inclusive system that delivers a research and standards-based, interactive curriculum that integrates assessment and student management tools. Middle school students can engage with NovaNET to prepare for high school, while high school students can utilize the program to recover credits, build basic skills and prep for the GED or SAT. As an online, secure courseware system, NovaNET offers maximum flexibility to students and schools.
- WriteToLearn - WriteToLearn offers two distinct writing instruction and assessment tools in one web-based product that automatically evaluates student summaries and essays providing unlimited practice opportunities. The program enables students to work at their own pace while still meeting learning goals.
- ELLIS and ELLIS Academic - ELLIS' individualized and prescriptive instruction reaches every learner with engaging, digital media to foster achievement and promote graduation for English language learners.
- SuccessMaker Enterprise - SuccessMaker Enterprise provides individualized instruction to maximize achievement for all learners, including English language learners and special education, gifted and at-risk students.
- SuccessMaker - SuccessMaker is Pearson's premier educational software product for grades that provides standards-aligned, research-based instruction to engage today's media-savvy learners. With the most recent upgrades, SuccessMaker now offers a full K-8 reading curriculum, individualized learning sequence and enhanced reporting.
The proactive recovery session of Pearson's virtual conference also includes a press room where teachers, administrators and supervisors can find the latest news about the conference, including a special offer for free on-demand professional development training.
The conference continues through October 9, 2009. To register free-of-charge and attend the National Education Reinvention Virtual Conference, visit http://www.pearsonschool.com/vcon2009.
To learn more, contact a Pearson representative or visit http://www.PearsonSchool.com/digital.
Pearson (NYSE:PSO), the global leader in education and education technology, reaches and engages today's digital natives with effective and personalized learning, as well as dedicated professional development for their teachers. This commitment is demonstrated in the company's investment in innovative print and digital education materials for preK through college, student information systems and learning management systems, teacher professional development, career certification programs, and testing and assessment products that set the standard for the industry. The company's respected brands include Scott Foresman, Prentice Hall, Addison Wesley, Benjamin Cummings, PEMSolutions, Stanford 10, SuccessNet, MyLabs, PowerSchool, SuccessMaker and many others. Pearson's comprehensive offerings help inform targeted instruction and intervention so that success is within reach of every student at every level of education. Pearson's commitment to education for all is supported by the global philanthropic initiatives of the Pearson Foundation. Pearson's other primary businesses include the Financial Times Group and the Penguin Group. For more information, go to http://www.pearson.com.
# # #