San Diego, California (PRWEB) August 14, 2009
DVEO, the broadcast division of CMI, will showcase their unique four channel HD-SDI PCIe capture card with automatic standards detection for the various HD formats at the International Broadcasting Convention (IBC) in Amsterdam, September 12-16, at Stand 2.C33.
Available now, the HD-SDI Master™ Quad/i PCIe simultaneously receives up to four independent real time HD-SDI streams and stores them in a PC workstation or video server. The card is designed for HD video encoding, post-production processing, electronic news gathering (ENG), and storing HD video for editing applications. The total bitrate is almost 6 Gbps, due to the high bandwidth of PCI Express.
The HD-SDI Master Quad/i features automatic standards detection. The firmware on the card does all the work in converting to the different HD-SDI formats to minimize the use of host CPU cycles. Supported video formats include 1080i, 1080p, and 720p.
"Our broadcast and digital cinema customers are very enthusiastic about our new multichannel card," noted Laszlo Zoltan, Sales Manager for DVEO. "The HD-SDI Master Quad/i PCIe saves time and money by capturing up to four channels at once."
Users may select either 1.485 Gbps or 1.4835 (1.485/1.001) Gbps for the top and/or the bottom two channels, in order to support video formats defined for true 60 Hz rates as well as those defined for the 59.94 Hz rates commonly used in North America. Onboard memory and a proprietary firmware design are used to buffer the inputs to give low system latency.
The HD-SDI Master Quad/i includes driver and API support for Windows® and Linux®, plus DirectShow® filter support. Additional features include automatic cable equalization and embedded audio extraction (up to 8 channels). The card also supports de-interlacing in hardware and can monitor the incoming stream for CRC errors.
Supplemental Information for Press Release:
- Four independent SMPTE 292M receiver channels on the same PCIe card
- Each input receives uncompressed HD-SDI at up to 1.485 Gbps
- Total aggregate bit rate of nearly 6 Gbps
- NRZI to NRZ decoding
- Four Lane (x4) PCIe v1.1 card
- Supported standards include 1080i, 1080p, and 720p at 60 Hz and 59.94 Hz rates
- Automatic Cable Equalization of up to 200 m of Belden 1694A cable at 1.485 Gbps
- Onboard DDR memory buffers data to account for latencies in data transactions on the PCIe bus
- Uses highly efficient Bus Master Link List DMA for data transfer (saving CPU resources)
- Input monitoring of CRC errors for both the Y and Cb/Cr lines of the input stream
- Able to store four frames of data in either RAW, V210 Non-Deinterlaced, V210 Deinterlaced or UYVY (also called Four CC code) formats
- Embedded Audio extraction (up to 8 channels)
- Field Upgradeable Firmware
- RoHS compliant (2002/95/EC)
- Windows® XP, Vista, Server 2003, and Server 2006 master driver and API support
- Linux® driver and API support
- DirectShow® filter support
Suggested Retail Price:
HD-SDI Master™ Quad/i PCIe - $3,995 U.S.
DVEO and HD-SDI Master are trademarks of Computer Modules, Inc.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
About CMI and DVEO
CMI, founded in 1982, is a privately held company headquartered in San Diego, California. DVEO, the Broadcast Division of Computer Modules, Inc., sells digital video and high definition television (HDTV) products to the top television broadcast companies throughout the world.
For more information on CMI and DVEO, please contact Rebecca Gray at +1 (858) 613-1818. To download DVEO's press releases and product images, visit the news section at http://www.dveo.com/.
DVEO, 11409 West Bernardo Ct. San Diego, CA, 92127
Web: http://www.dveo.com phone: +1 (858) 613-1818, fax: +1 (858) 613-1815
# # #