Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) August 18, 2009
MetroShip, makers of New York loft-style houseboats, has launched a $3.9m Cash For Clunkers For Boats program which will run until Dec. 31st 2009. The BARS - Boat Allowance Rebate System has been launched by MetroShip to help recycle existing used boats and remove many older, less efficient, heavier polluting boats from our waterways, rivers, lakes, coastlines and marinas.
The BARS program is a discount of up to $50,000 on the purchase of a new MetroShip modern houseboat, with a total of $3.9m in available discounts until the end of 2009.
MetroShip founder, David Ballinger, commented, 'Developing and building the MetroShip has taught us some invaluable lessons on how to make a more efficient houseboat for U.S. waterways. Traditionally houseboats are large and heavy polluters - with the MetroShip it was our goal to rethink every part of houseboat manufacturing and development and our company-run Cash For Clunkers For Boats program is a continuation of our aim to be a leader in efficient houseboats while being socially responsible to remove older, higher polluting boats which can be recycled in most cases. We're uniquely positioned through our highly efficient MetroShip houseboat and prefab manufacturing process to help people enjoy houseboats with less pollution.'
The MetroShip is a modern houseboat that has an efficient footprint of just 48ft x 12ft. However, the MetroShip features a unique open floor plan that makes the space feel much larger, more in keeping with an open loft space in New York's SoHo. The MetroShip modern houseboat has a number of efficient features, from its industry-leading Honda Marine outboard engines (the most fuel efficient in its class) to water-conserving faucets, energy star appliances, ultra-efficient heat and air conditioning, steam washer dryer and low impact manufacturing through the use of pre-fab thermal aluminum panels. The furniture is also built 'green' - using recycled frames that would otherwise be found in a landfill and using remnant fabrics - made by sister company, MetroSofa.
The MetroShip's Cash For Clunkers For Boats program details are as follows:
'BARS' - Boat Allowance Rebate System - Cash for Clunkers program valid until Dec. 31st 2009 (this is a MetroShip discount applied to the purchase of a new MetroShip, not a government issued rebate) where you can save up to $50,000 on the purchase of a new MetroShip houseboat by trading in your old boat - $3,900,000 in discounts you can take advantage of:
1) The boat you are trading in must be less than 25 years old on the trade-in date.
2) The program only applies to a single individual towards the purchase of a new solely-owned MetroShip houseboat (minimum price of $239,000).
3) The boat you are trading in must be continuously registered and insured for the full year preceding the trade-in.
4) Your boat broker will apply the discount at time of purchase.
5) You are solely responsible for the transport of your boat to an authorized MetroShip sales center for trade-in.
6) Fair Dealer Trade-In Value will be given up to $50,000 on your boat.
7) This rebate / discount cannot be applied as a down payment for finance - it is solely a discount on the purchase price of a new MetroShip. Limit one per customer.
8) This rebate / discount cannot be redeemed for cash.
9) The BARS - Boat Allowance Rebate System has been designed to help recycle existing used boats and remove many older, less efficient, heavier polluting boats from our waterways.
10) This rebate / discount is for domestic (U.S.) sales only - not valid in any other country.
11) This rebate / discount will expire Dec. 31st 2009 or when applicable discounts (totaling $3,900,000) have run out - whichever comes first.
# # #