also includes peppermint oil to refresh and invigorate feet
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) August 17, 2009
Moms across the country have packed lunch boxes, filled new backpacks with school supplies and waved teary goodbyes as the big yellow bus took their little ones back to school. But when the door closes and mommy examines her silent and empty house, a euphoric realization dawns on her. The kids' vacation may be over, but hers is just beginning--mommy time is back!
Viewpoints.com, a leading consumer-generated ratings and reviews site wants to help mommies take advantage of the coveted phenomenon known as free time, so its members have reviewed their favorite beauty products, fitness products and other relaxation ideas. Take a minute to check out a few ideas to make the most of mommy time!
A summer of chasing after kids in the heat , keeping them constantly occupied with activities and enduring long trips listening to the relentless chant of "Are we there yet?" has undoubtedly taken a toll on moms' mental health. The Viewpoints community shares its favorite relaxation techniques to help them regain sanity.
- Watch. Escape from reality (and your collection of Disney movies) with a great romantic comedy. Viewpoints members have created their list of the best romantic comedies. Some of the top picks? The Proposal, Sex and the City movie and of course, Pretty Woman.
- Cook. Moms can test that new recipe they've wanted to try out all summer long. Viewpoints members love the Italian dishes from Giada De Laurentiis' cookbook, "Everyday Italian: 125 Simple and Delicious Recipes." Viewpoints member Stef42678 says, "if you love to cook Italian food, this is a great addition to your cookbook collection and a must-have for any pasta lover."
- Nap. Kids just don't appreciate naptime like they should, but Mommies will appreciate it even more with Bath and Body Works' The Sweetest, Softest Nap Blanket on Earth. Reviewers say they love cuddling up with this blanket from Bath and Body Works and have given it the high ratings to prove it. Called "soft and snuggly wuggly" by one reviewer, The Sweetest, Softest Nap Blanket on Earth is the perfect addition to naptime.
- Reminisce. Dozens of pictures have accumulated over the summer, now it's time to do something with them. Reviewers love the Creative Memories PicFolio Minutes Album because it's easy to put together and looks great when finished. "To date, it's by far my favorite scrapbook album that I have completed," CrystaBush says.
- Massage. Get rid of those knots in the neck with the Homedics Squish Massaging Neck Pillow. Once fitted, the U-shaped bean-filled pillow is not only comfy, but a flip of a switch turns it into a massager. "It's a fun pillow and does help ease my neck pain," says PattyTherre, who also likes using it in the car on long trips.
Some days moms don't even have enough time to shave their legs (we've all been there). But they can turn their homes into a day spa by following these easy steps: Take the bath toys out of the tub, turn on some relaxing music, light a few candles and check out a couple of top-rated beauty and skin care products.
- Invigorate. What better way to wash off the sticky peanut butter and jelly residue than with Skindecent Bermuda Beach Smoother Body Scrub. The all-natural, hand made-to-order creamy sugar scrub that comes in more than 100 scents. "The Bermuda Beach Smoother is like a little piece of paradise," LaurieM says.
- Moisturize. A longtime favorite, Viewpoints moms love Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil Spray for its infinite number of uses: moisturizing skin, preventing razor burn, repelling insects, taking off Band-aids and more! "Skin So Soft has a wonderful scent that I loved to pour into bathwater for a relaxing and moisturizing treat," Buggheart says.
- Exfoliate. Do-it-yourself pedicures are a snap with Dr. Scholl's Pumice Foot Scrub. The scrub uses a creamy moisturizing base laden with pumice granules and "also includes peppermint oil to refresh and invigorate feet," njchicaa says.
- Paint. Moms can finish off a self-pedicure with OPI, a nail polish favored by the professionals. Although OPI Nail Lacquer is a tad more expensive than some other nail polishes, our budget conscious reviewers say it's actually a steal considering how long their manicures stay fresh and unchipped.
- Primp. Plagued with mom hair? Try out a new hairstyle with the Chi Flat Iron. With its silk infusion system, the Chi hair straightener makes hair silky, shiny and frizz free. Users say the Chi straightening iron has high heat, does no damage and that their hair keeps the style for days.
It's time to rejuvenate the body! How about finding inner peace with yoga, gaining flexibility with Pilates or even starting to train for a marathon? Moms can read reviews about the best fitness products on Viewpoints.
- Step. Make each stride count with the Omron Premium Pedometer. Accuracy and convenience make this pedometer a Viewpoints favorite--just stick it in a pocket and let it work its magic. "I have tried many pedometers and have found this one to be the most accurate and dependable of all," onyx95 says.
- Burn. Mommies will sweat it out with the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels exercise video. Utilizing Jillian's 3-2-1 Interval System, the Jillian Michaels 30 Shred workout delivers an intense workout in a quick 20 minute time span. "Jillian Michaels has helped me shed that Mommy Flab," lilsquibb says.
- Tone. It's time to get rid of those problem areas. The Danskin Now Pilates Magic Circle provides resistance for faster results for improved tone and muscle strength throughout the body. The Magic Circle lets moms "get lean, toned muscles and have fun while doing so," sarahschmitt87 says.
- Balance. Stretch closer to inner peace with a Yoga Balance and Exercise Ball. The yoga ball will tone muscles and abs, while allowing moms to workout in any room of the house. Viewpoints reviewers say it may take a while to get used to balancing on it, but once you do, you'll never want to go back to other methods of working out.
- Walk. What could be easier than walking? With FitFlops, moms can get a workout by just going through their daily routine. Called the "lazy person's workout" by one reviewer, the Fit Flop sandals are actually powerful leg exercisers that work the thighs, calves, and glutes as you walk.
With all of these great ideas for mommy time, moms will look forward to watching that big yellow bus disappear around the corner. These are only a few suggestions to help them fill the day, but the possibilities are endless! Check out Viewpoints for more ideas and a chance to review your own favorite mommy time activities.
Founded in 2006, Viewpoints Network is a social technology and media company focused on helping consumers make smarter decisions. Viewpoints specializes in building communities and motivating "social influencers" to share their experiences by writing reviews, blogs, and how to guides while also participating in forums and contributing ideas that can be voted on. The Viewpoints Technology Platform helps to organize and present those contributions to enable other consumers to make purchase decisions. The Viewpoints Technology Platform powers Viewpoints.com and branded communities for customers like Sears Holdings (MySears.com).
Viewpoints Network, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Chicago.
# # #