Raleigh, North Carolina (PRWEB) August 16, 2009
The Sewn Products Equipment & Suppliers of the Americas (SPESA) is pleased to announce that SPESA EXPO 2010 (http://www.spesaexpo.com) has received more than one dozen endorsements from prominent fashion, textile, sewn products, and industry supplier groups from around the globe. Thus far, the following worldwide and regional groups from China, Columbia, Europe, Guatemala, Mexico, and the United States have endorsed the May 2010 exhibition of equipment, technology, supply chain services, networking and education.
- AATCC: American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists -- provides textile professionals worldwide with test method development, quality control materials, and networking.
- ATMA: American Textile Machinery Association -- advances manufacturers of textile machinery, parts, and accessories.
- CANAINTEX: Mexican National Chamber of the Textile Industry
- CNIV: Mexican National Chamber of the Clothing Industry -- promotes the clothing industry in Mexico and worldwide.
- CSMA: China Sewing Machine Association -- coordinates and manages the entire sewing machine industry in China.
- IAF: International Apparel Federation -- collects and disseminates information on global developments in design, manufacturing, distribution, sourcing, trade and technology.
- INEXMODA: Colombian Institute for Export and Fashion -- researches and enables design, marketing and sales in the textile-manufacturing-distribution sector in Columbia.
- INTERMODA: International Trade Show of Fashion in Mexico
- MEXICO FITS: Mexican Textile and Clothing Industry Brand
- NCTO: US National Council of Textile Organizations -- represents the entire textile industry; from fibers to finished products, machinery manufacturers to power suppliers.
- SEAMS: US National Association for the Sewn Products Industry -- enhances and supports the retention of sound economic growth within the U.S. sewn products industry.
- VDMA: German Leather and Garment Machinery Association -- covers the entire process chain including components, manufacturers, system suppliers, and service providers.
- VESTEX: Guatemala Apparel & Textile Industry Commission -- promotes the competitive exports growth to sustain the economic and social development of Guatemala.
"We are honored that these prominent industry groups are endorsing our vision to organize a first-ever one-stop-shop for the entire fashion and sewn products concept-to-delivery lifecycle," noted SPESA Managing Director Dave Gardner. "The support of these and other endorsers to come will help us achieve our goal of bringing the world's largest and most comprehensive event to our industry in 2010."
SPESA EXPO is slated for May 18-20, 2010 at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia (USA). SPESA EXPO will co-locate with Techtextil North America and ATME-I/Megatex to form the first-ever "Textile and Sewn Products Industry Week" in Atlanta.
About SPESA EXPO
SPESA EXPO is the most comprehensive exhibition and seminar event for the sewn products industry in the Western Hemisphere. It comprises all segments of the sewn products market, including apparel and fashion, auto and transportation interiors, footwear and accessories, home furnishings and upholstery, safety and protective gear, luggage and leather goods, and other technical and industrial textiles; and covers the entire concept-to-delivery sewn products lifecycle including design, development, production, and distribution. In 2010, SPESA EXPO will co-locate with Techtextil North America and ATME-I/Megatex on May 18-20 to form "Textile and Sewn Products Industry Week" in Atlanta, Georgia. SPESA EXPO is solely owned by SPESA. (http://www.spesaexpo.com)
Formed in 1990, the Sewn Products Equipment & Suppliers of the Americas (SPESA) is an industry association dedicated to suppliers (manufacturers and distributors of machinery, equipment, related parts and supplies, systems, technology, supply chain solutions, and other products and services for the development, manufacture, or distribution of sewn products) to the sewn products industries (apparel, upholstered furniture, home textiles, transportation interiors, leather goods, footwear, and technical/industrial textiles). SPESA speaks with a representative voice on matters that affect its member companies and provides a forum to advance its members' interests in the global marketplace. SPESA promotes and coordinates business and social interaction and provides opportunities for the sharing of industry-specific and general business information for its members and their customers. (http://www.spesa.org)
# # #