Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) August 19, 2009
After the enormous success of the World Championship MuayThai that took place at the Las Vegas Hilton on July 25th, 2009, Dennis Warner and Henan TV Station are staging an unprecedented international face-off between the top stars of WuLinFeng, the most popular martial arts show in China and the top-dog Muay Thai fighters from the United States.
WuLinFeng, the number one fighting organization in China, which mainly employs the Wushu art, landed on Henan TV Station Satellite Channel in 2004, and has, since then, boasted a ten million viewer audience per episode. As the World Championship MuayThai fighters come into the ring, they will employ either WBC or the WuLinFeng rules, with the most distinctive differences being: no elbows allowed in WuLinFeng, limited clinch in WuLinFeng, fighter, falling down or being thrown down on the floor counts as an effective strike, and five three-minute rounds in WBC vs three three-minute rounds in WuLinFeng.
"The relationship with Henan TV Station is a strategic partnership for both organizations. For us, bringing Chinese athletes to the Unites States, does not only add a cultural aspect to the event, it also raises the bar for every fighter, if we take into account that China holds the first place in the number of the Olympic medals and is the birthplace of martial arts", commented Dennis Warner, the President of In Sync Productions. He added: "For Henan TV Station, the expansion of WuLinFeng, the biggest promoter of martial arts in China into the large American Chinese community is the main focus, and there's no better ground than World Championship MuayThai to do so."
The muay thai night will be presented by the following match-ups:
- The much anticipated WBC International Super Lightweight Title match between the WBC National Super Lightweight Champion Kevin Ross and the star of WuLinFeng, Kang En
- Shawn Yarborough (with an astounding ProAm record of 73-5-1, with 55KOs) and Xu Hou, the WBC Chinese National Light Heavyweight Champion, will be fighting for the IKKC Muaythai Light Heavyweight Championship title
- The #1 fighter, ranked by the Women's International Kickboxing Association, Christine Toledo vs Zheng Yenan
- Always the public's favorite, Baxter Humby vs Xu Yan
- Danny Davis vs Wang Hongxiang
- Bryce Krause vs Raul Rodriguez
- Chike Lindsay vs Chaz Mulkey
- Jack Thames vs Zou Dong Dong
- Scotty Leffler vs Martin Hensch
The finalists of the above mentioned bouts will have the privilege of fighting in the international championship, which will take place in legendary ShaoLin Temple, China in October of this year. The event will be a tribute to the 20-year long career of Dennis Warner in the muay thai industry, and his unparalleled contribution to the development of the sport worldwide.
For tickets, please visit the Las Vegas Hilton box office, http://www.vegas.com or Ticketmaster.com, fight info: 877-446-7962.
Sunday, August 30th, 2009, 7:00 p.m.
About World Championship MuayThai:
Founded in 1989, by Dennis Warner and In Sync Productions, World Championship MuayThai is based in Southern California and is the largest Muay Thai event in the United States. The championships are held in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Beijing and other cities and feature top fighters from the U.S., China, Japan, Thailand and other countries. For more information about WCK please visit http://www.kickbox.com