Reston, VA (Vocus) August 18, 2009
About Objects has announced October, 2009 course dates for its series of popular iPhone developer training courses in Cupertino, CA. Courses in the series - ANSI C Programming (October 12-15), Objective-C for Beginners (October 16-17), and the iPhone Programming Workshop (October 19-23) - can be purchased individually, or as a single unit (iPhone for Beginners Super Bundle). Classes will be held at the Cupertino Inn, a couple of blocks from the Apple campus.
The courses in the series are built around hands-on lab exercises that allow participants to learn the ANSI C programming language, Objective-C, iPhone-related libraries and frameworks, and Apple's development tools, including Xcode, Interface Builder, in a progressive series of steps. Attendees begin by writing simple ANSI C and Objective-C programs and gradually work their way up to writing full-fledged iPhone apps with a variety of features. Class sizes are deliberately kept small to ensure plenty of hands-on guidance; typically, classes comprise eight to twelve attendees.
Topics covered include the following:
- Using the iPhone SDK's Xcode IDE and Interface Builder
- ANSI C programming* Objective-C basics for the iPhone
- Foundation classes* Managing the iPhone's memory and other resources
- IPhone app design patterns
- Custom drawing and animation
- iPhone touch screen user interaction
- Working with iPhone user interface controls such as buttons, text fields, etc.
- Using table views to present and manage data
- Working with the iPhone's navigation and tab bar controllers
- Working with web content
- Persisting iPhone user and application data
- Working with the iPhone's accelerometer, location data, and other core services.
- Working with Interface Builder's .nib files
All three courses are taught by noted developer and author Jonathan Lehr. Jonathan has over a decade of experience developing software in Objective-C for Apple platforms, and has trained hundreds of developers in these technologies.