Honolulu, HI PRWEB (PRWEB) August 18, 2009
It's not too late to visit Hawaii in 2009! Marriott Resorts Hawaii (http://www.marriotthawaii.com / @MarriottHawaii) and its partners, Hawaii Visitors and Convention Bureau, Hawaiian Airlines and Hertz, are making it easy by giving away free trips to the Hawaiian Islands with the "Tweet Yourself to Hawaii" sweepstakes. Designed to promote the islands through social media networks, this innovative and creative viral campaign coincides with Hawaii's 50th anniversary of statehood.
Starting today, U.S. social media enthusiasts have two ways to win free trips to Hawaii aboard Hawaiian Airlines with stays at Marriott hotels in Hawaii:
- 25 all-expense paid trips for two to a designated Marriott resort on Kauai, Oahu, Maui, or Hawaii's Big Island by simply submitting a Twitter handle, Facebook connection or email address;
- A Hawaii "tweetup" (meet-up for Twitterers) for one winner and 11 of his/her friends or family members by submitting a video describing why he/she loves Hawaii.
The contest web site is http://www.marriotthawaiitweets.com.
25 TRIPS FOR TWO
People can enter by visiting http://www.marriotthawaiitweets.com and providing an email address, their Twitter handle and/or a Facebook connection. 25 randomly selected winners will each receive:
- Roundtrip for two on Hawaiian Airlines from any of its eight U.S. West Coast gateway cities: Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles and San Diego.
- A five-night stay at one of Marriott resorts in Hawaii: JW Marriott Ihilani Resort & Spa, Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Kauai Marriott Resort & Beach Club, Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa or Waikoloa Beach Marriott Resort & Spa.
- Rental car, courtesy of Hertz.
- $100 per day resort dining credit.
- Access to fun activities and attractions on all islands.
- All trips must be completed by December 20, 2009.
One winner will be randomly selected to win a trip to the designated island of that day. The first drawing will occur on Friday, August 28, 2009 at 9:00 a.m. HST. Subsequent drawings will happen at 9:00 a.m. HST every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday over the next eight weeks (including Labor Day, September 7), ending on Wednesday, October 21, 2009.
Announcements of all winners will be made over Twitter from @MarriottHawaii and on Marriott Resorts Hawaii's Facebook page. The winner will also be notified via the email address entered. The selected winner will have up to 48 hours from the time of the selection to claim the prize. If he/she does not claim or accept the prize, a new winner will be drawn.
"TWEETUP" IN HAWAII FOR 12
This contest requires people to submit a video that best showcase why they love Hawaii. The public will be asked to judge on their favorite from a selection of finalists. The one with the most votes will receive:
- Roundtrip for winner and 11 friends/family, courtesy of Hawaiian Airlines from any of its U.S. West Coast gateway cities.
- Seven-night stay at any two Marriott resorts and hotels in Hawaii.
- One luau dinner and show.
- Commemorative Hawaii state quarter.
- Keepsake group photo.
- 25,000 Marriott Rewards Points for winner.
Entrants can submit their YouTube video link to http://www.marriotthawaiitweets.com by December 20, 2009. Upon review, Marriott Resorts Hawaii will post them on the contest web site for viewing. In January 2010, a select number of the best fan videos will be posted for public judging, with the highest vote-getter winning the free Hawaiian tweetup for them and 11 friends/family members.
For contest rules, terms and conditions, please visit http://www.marriotthawaiitweets.com. For announcements, please follow @MarriottHawaii on Twitter or become a fan of Marriott Resorts Hawaii on Facebook.
For reservations, please visit marriott.com, or toll free within the U.S. and Canada at
1-800-228-9290, or your nearest Marriott Worldwide reservations office in your country.
*The contests are not approved, sponsored or endorsed by Twitter, Inc., Facebook or YouTube.
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, Inc. (NYSE:MAR) is a leading lodging company with more than 3,200 lodging properties in 66 countries and territories. Marriott International operates and franchises hotels under the Marriott, JW Marriott, The Ritz-Carlton, Renaissance, Residence Inn, Courtyard, TownePlace Suites, Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites and Bulgari brand names; develops and operates vacation ownership resorts under the Marriott Vacation Club, The Ritz-Carlton Club and Grand Residences by Marriott brands; operates Marriott Executive Apartments; provides furnished corporate housing through its Marriott ExecuStay division; and operates conference centers. The company is headquartered in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, and had approximately 146,000 employees at 2008 year-end. It is recognized by BusinessWeek as one of the 100 best global brands, by FORTUNE® as one of the best companies to work for, and by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) as Partner of the Year since 2004. In fiscal year 2008, Marriott International reported sales from continuing operations of nearly $13 billion. For more information or reservations, please visit our web site at http://www.marriott.com. For an interactive online version of Marriott's 2008 Annual Report, which includes a short video message from Chairman and CEO J.W. Marriott, Jr., visit http://www.marriott.com/investor.
EDITOR'S NOTE: JPG images of all resorts and http://www.marriotthawaiitweets.com are available upon request.