Houston, TX (PRWEB) August 18, 2009
EminentWare, a provider of cost-effective patch management and configuration management solutions, today announced the release of Update 004 for its WSUS Extension Pack. EminentWare's WSUS Extension Pack is designed to extend the capabilities of Microsoft's Windows Server Update Services or WSUS. Update 004 adds new functionality to EminentWare's WSUS Extension Pack that enables companies to deploy, manage, and report on third-party patches and software applications using their existing WSUS deployments.
The Update 004 for EminentWare's WSUS Extension Pack offers new functionality that enables IT Managers to:
- Extend the capabilities of WSUS to deploy, manage, and report on third-party patches and applications as well as Microsoft patches and applications
- Create packages to extend the power of WSUS to quickly and easily deploy any MSI, MSP, or EXE across an IT enterprise
- Manage third-party and Microsoft patches and applications from a central point of control
- Drastically reduce the administrative time and cost necessary to assess, implement, manage, and report on third-party and Microsoft patches and updates
- Quickly find machines that are running vulnerable applications - Microsoft or third-party
- Create and distribute powerful management reports on the status of all patches and applications with built-in reports or easy-to-use ad hoc reporting
EminentWare's WSUS Extension Pack is a cost-effective and powerful solution for implementing, managing, and reporting on patches, applications, and configuration settings throughout an IT environment.
EminentWare's WSUS Extension Pack simplifies configuration and update management by providing:
- Inventory and asset discovery including detection of "rogue" machines or workgroups
- Greater command and control over update implementation and management including detailed scheduling, machine selection and reboots
- Advanced update reporting with easy-to-use reports or easily generated ad hoc reports
- The ability to quickly determine the status of any update on any machine using filters, groups, and sorting
- The ability to force an immediate update
EminentWare's WSUS Extension Pack Update 004 allows companies to leverage their existing WSUS infrastructure in an easy to use combined solution to quickly and easily assess, deploy, manage and report on both Microsoft and non-Microsoft patches and software across multiple machines and servers in an environment. EminentWare's WSUS Extension Pack works with WSUS to discover third-party applications in the environment, and to deploy patches, updates, or applications on selected machines immediately or on a schedule. Third-party patches or applications can then be managed from EminentWare's central console along with other Microsoft and non-Microsoft patches and applications. The EminentWare WSUS Extension Pack also offers extensive reporting capabilities - administrators can easily generate and distribute custom management reports or use pre-built reports as needed.
Pricing and Availability
The EminentWare WSUS Extension Pack Update 004 is available now. The WSUS Extension Pack pricing is cost-effective for IT environments ranging in size from 100 nodes to the largest enterprises. For more information about pricing for the WSUS Extension Pack, visit http://www.eminentware.com/ew_master.asp?myt=pricing. To try EminentWare's WSUS Extension Pack free for 30 days, visit the EminentWare Corporate Website at http://www.eminentware.com. The WSUS Extension Pack can typically be installed in an hour or less.
About EminentWare LLC
EminentWare LLC provides highly scalable, cost-effective and powerful enterprise update and configuration management solutions that can be used stand-alone or as "extensions" to native management tools. EminentWare extends the power of native management tools such as Microsoft Windows Server Update Services (WSUS), providing powerful update reporting, delegation and approval, update management for 3rd party applications, greater control over update scheduling and reboots, immediate updates, full discovery and inventory, as well as extensive configuration management capabilities. For more information, or to download a free 30 day trial of EminentWare's Extension Pack for WSUS, please visit: http://www.eminentware.com.
©2009 EminentWare LLC. EminentWare is a trademark of EminentWare LLC. All other product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
MEDIA CONTACT: Janette Gawlikowski Email: janette.gawlikowski (at) eminentware.com