San Jose, CA (PRWEB) August 20, 2009
Walmart, Motorola, Dell, Logitech, Intel, Nokia, Fujitsu, Cisco, Sony Electronics, Omneon and Suniva are among those confirmed to attend the 3rd North American Hi-Tech and Electronics Supply Chain Summit taking place November 9-10 in San Jose.
Now in its 3rd year, the Summit will discuss crucial tactics needed to steer hi-tech supply chains through the economic revival. This year's agenda will focus on recession lessons, revival plans, new market expansion, reverse logistics, and much more, discussing both quick fixes which yield strong results and long-term changes that will outlast the recession.
Senior supply chain executives from hi-tech & electronics manufacturers and retailers can apply for complimentary passes and hotel accommodation for the event, simply by registering online: http://events.eyefortransport.com/hitechUS/register.shtml
At the Summit, leading Hi-Tech supply chain executives will share their cost cutting tips and their current preparation strategies for an economic upturn. The sessions will offer practical steps to ensure crucial structural changes outlast the recession. The agenda will focus on eight key themes:
- Recession Lessons & Revival Plans: Quick fixes that yielded strong results and long term
changes that will outlast the recession
- Outsourcing & New Market Expansion - Overcoming distribution hurdles to reduce time to new markets.
- Security Matters: Safeguard your supply chain without incurring crippling costs.
- Risky Business: If your supplier went under, would your supply chain survive?
- Where it Pays to be Green in the Hi-Tech Supply Chain.
- How to get the most out of your logistics service providers: details that make a difference.
- Reverse logistics: Returns, Spare Parts, Repairs, and Waste Disposal.
- Retails Focus: The latest CPFR strategies to keep your product in stock and your customers happy.
The Summit will also feature a keynote presentation from IBM sharing the findings of this year's Chief Supply Chain Officer Study entitled The Smarter Supply Chain of the Future.
More information and related resources - including the Annual Hi-Tech Supply Chain Report - can be found on the website http://events.eft.com/hitechUS/register.shtml or contact Emma Miller: emiller(at)eft.com toll free (from US only) 1-800-814-3459 ext. 7178 or +44 207 375 7178.