The 'A Parent is Born' series is an authentic look at the joy and excitement, as well as the challenges and fears that go along with becoming a parent. We are excited to enhance the Pampers Village Web site and provide consumers with compelling video content that not only informs new parents-to-be, but also provides some nostalgic moments for parents looking back at their own journeys.
Past News ReleasesRSS
Cincinnati, OH (PRWEB) August 24, 2009
Capturing the real emotion behind the ups and downs of one couple's journey through pregnancy, Pampers® diapers, the world's leading diaper brand, takes us along for an unforgettable ride in the honest and entertaining Web-based series, "A Parent is Born, " launching on August 24 at Pampers.com.
The 12-episode series follows real-life couple Suzie and Steve, from the early stages of their pregnancy all the way through the tearful delivery of their baby, while chronicling the range of challenges, fears, excitement and joys that come with having a first baby. Each episode is four-to-five minutes in length and will live on the recently redeveloped Pampers Village Web site, which continues to offer new content and features to delight current parents and parents-to-be where they live, work and play.
Each episode documents the most special moments in Suzie and Steve's pregnancy, from finding out the sex of their baby, to introducing their new bundle of joy to the new grandparents. Throughout the series, viewers will experience all of the unexpected delight and worry that accompanies parenthood.
- Episode 1: Ready, Set, Go - Meet Suzie and Steve as they embark on the journey of their lives - pregnancy.
- Episode 2: Finding Out the Sex - After much anticipation, Suzie and Steve find out the sex of their baby and make an emotional call to Steve's dad.
- Episode 3: My Changing Body - Suzie struggles with the physical and emotional changes that come with pregnancy.
- Episode 4: Building the Nursery - Tensions run high as Suzie and Steve construct their baby's first bedroom.
- Episode 5: The Baby Shower - New to town, Suzie misses her support from home, but is surprised when her new friends throw her a baby shower.
- Episode 6: My Big Fat Beautiful Body - Through an intimate photo shoot, Suzie and Steve see the physical beauty of pregnancy.
- Episode 7: The Pregnant Father - Steve is shocked and learns some valuable lessons when Suzie makes him spend the day in a 35-pound pregnancy suit.
- Episode 8: The Labor Class - As Suzie's fears for delivery escalate, she and Steve meet with a childbirth expert who preps them for their big day.
- Episode 9: The Racing Minds of Pregnant Parents - With the impending delivery, the excitement and fears of parenthood race through the restless minds of Suzie and Steve.
- Episode 10: The Birth - Part 1 - A routine visit to the doctor's office results in an unexpected trip to the delivery room.
- Episode 11: The Birth - Part 2 - The new parents welcome their baby into the world. The parents are born.
- Episode 12: What They Didn't Tell Me - As incredible and challenging as the journey of pregnancy was, it's nothing compared to having a new baby at home!
"Pampers understands there are experiences to be faced long before the baby even comes," said Jodi Allen North American vice president and general manager for Pampers. "The 'A Parent is Born' series is an authentic look at the joy and excitement, as well as the challenges and fears that go along with becoming a parent. We are excited to enhance the Pampers Village Web site and provide consumers with compelling video content that not only informs new parents-to-be, but also provides some nostalgic moments for parents looking back at their own journeys."
The August 24th debut of "A Parent Is Born" will also be enhanced by a special airing of a 30-minute version of the series on DirecTV's Video On Demand (VOD) platform from August 24th thru August 30th, with spots airing on TLC. The series is sponsored by Pampers and created and produced by Procter & Gamble Productions through partner agency The ZiZo Group.
Pampers is a trademark of Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) and the company's largest global brand and is the world's top-selling brand of baby diapers. Our business is inspired by babies and toddlers, created by Pampers. For more information on Pampers diapers and the Pampers Parenting Network, visit http://www.Pampers.com.
About Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG):
Three billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the world. The company has one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Pampers®, Tide®, Ariel®, Always®, Whisper®, Pantene®, Mach3®, Bounty®, Dawn®, Pringles®, Folgers®, Charmin®, Downy®, Lenor®, Iams®, Crest®, Oral-B®, Actonel®, Duracell®, Olay®, Head & Shoulders®, Wella, Gillette®, and Braun. The P&G community consists of over 135,000 employees working in more than 80 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and in-depth information about P&G and its brands.