This version of our next-generation compliance and configuration control solution, combined with our unique application of known-provenance whitelisting data, solidifies SignaCert as the preeminent solution provider in the space.
Portland, OR (PRWEB) August 25, 2009
Continuing its leadership position in providing next-generation IT whitelist-based compliance solutions, SignaCert, Inc. today announced version 3.5 of its Enterprise Trust Server.
With this major release of SignaCert's Enterprise Trust Server (ETS), customers can now take advantage of standardized, easily customizable templates for proving IT system configuration compliance against many current and emerging regulatory standards, including industry and government mandated security requirements. Out-of-the-box assessment templates are available for the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI/DSS), Center for Internet Security standard (CIS) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) and Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) requirements. Additional templates, including SOX, NERC and many others, will be made available on an ongoing basis.
"Both commercial and government enterprises are increasingly subject to a wide variety of IT regulatory and security requirements, and need powerful and flexible tools to centrally assess the compliance posture of their IT infrastructure." said Wyatt Starnes, SignaCert founder and CEO. "This version of our next-generation compliance and configuration control solution, combined with our unique application of known-provenance whitelisting data, solidifies SignaCert as the preeminent solution provider in the space."
Given that many regulation requirements are interpreted differently, the ability to easily customize assessment is essential. SignaCert's solution leverages an easy-to-use templating engine that allows for the creation and customization of powerful test suites. Newly introduced capture policies allow for user-defined collection of system configuration settings, file contents, and security settings. This differentiates the SignaCert solution from other assessment tools in the marketplace that limit the types of tests that can be performed.
New features in version 3.5 include:
- Flexible testing framework includes out-of-the box, easily customizable compliance templates. Compliance assessments can be quickly run against any number of IT systems to prove adherence to important industry and government IT regulations. New templates can be added at anytime via an import mechanism. Additionally, IT administrators can export compliance templates from one ETS and import them in any number of other ETS's, simplifying the process of sharing templates across departments and organizations.
- Additional capture policy types allow for user-defined collection of system configuration settings, file contents, and security settings.
- Compliance templates include remediation information that can be used to quickly return systems to a compliant state.
- New report types focused on both internal and regulatory compliance reporting. These reports integrate with the new testing framework to provide both at-a-glance and historical compliance views.
- New system import/export capability allows for simplified integration with existing customer system inventory systems, easing synchronization between a customer's internal inventory system and the inventory contained within the ETS.
- Ships with pre-packaged regulatory test suites for PCI/DSS, CIS and FDCC/SCAP
Version 3.5 will be available for shipment mid-September and is available immediately for demonstration and evaluation. All current customers will be contacted by SignaCert support regarding the upgrade of existing installations.
SignaCert is the leading provider of end-to-end and partner-based IT compliance solutions based on known-provenance whitelist technology. These methods allow SignaCert's direct customers to rapidly achieve and prove continuous compliance for the systems that deliver critical business services. The SignaCert architecture is designed to seamlessly integrate with existing change processes and continuously monitor critical business services without disruption.
Additionally, SignaCert's OEM and ISV Partners can supply to, or license content from, the SignaCert Global Trust Repository (GTR), adding new and important capabilities to their product offerings. All use cases are supported by a rich repository of vendor-independent software measurements. These "white" or "allow" list methods enable SignaCert's patented technology to be quickly deployed and provide immediate visibility into the actual state of IT infrastructure.
Founded in 2004 by 34-year IT security and compliance industry veteran Wyatt Starnes, SignaCert has assembled a world class team of industry leaders with hands-on IT experience for its executive team, board of directors, and advisory board. SignaCert's end-customers span a wide variety of industries, including financial services, government, and healthcare.
For more general information visit: http://www.signacert.com
# # #