We have looked at the needs of our motor caravanning members very carefully
London, UK (PRWEB) August 21, 2009
With around twenty per cent of its current membership, and around one third of new joiners now owning a motor caravan, The Caravan Club has launched a new branded motorhome insurance product for these drivers. The new policy has all the benefits of The Club's existing motor caravan scheme, but in response to members' requests it now has improved cover levels and some of the previous limits have been increased.
Key benefits of the new policy, which is designed exclusively for Caravan Club members, include:
- £3,500 automatic cover for personal effects (up from £2,000), and single item limit up from £350 to £500
- cover for use abroad for up to 270 days in a policy year (up from 180 days)
- new-for-old cover for any new vehicle applies up to 24 months, with no mileage limitation
- unlimited cover for manufacturer-fitted awnings
- policy available for drivers up to 80 years old
- loss of use cover is now up to 15 nights at £75 per night, or a full refund of the cost of standard class public transport
- personal accident benefit is now £15,000
- replacement locks can be fitted if keys lost or stolen, up to £500 (subject to excess)
Discounts are available; if an alarm/immobiliser is fitted; on completion of a Club motor caravanning course; or if mileage is limited.
"We have looked at the needs of our motor caravanning members very carefully," commented Lesley Coell, Head of Insurance and Financial Services. "I'm confident that we have come up with a market-leading caravan insurance product to ensure their peace of mind."