Madison, CT (PRWEB) August 21, 2009
Florida, with 7 active adult communities, is the most popular state for retirement on Topretirements' 2009 list. Most surprising was the pasting the Sunbelt gave the rest of the U.S. - only 1 of the best 25 active adult communities was from outside the Sunbelt (The Village at Penn State in State College). The most popular 55+ community in the country is Green Valley, a vast community near the Mexican border in Arizona. The Villages, home to 80,000 active retirees near Ocala, was the #2 active adult community on Topretirements' 2009 list.
John Brady, President of "Topretirements - Find Your Best Place to Retire", commented about the winners: "Most of the communities making up the list are either very large communities, or are from towns that are recognized as best places to retire. But a few of the communities really surprised us".
Here is the list of Best 25 Active Adult Communities at Topretirements for 2009:
1. Green Valley (AZ)
2. The Villages (FL)
3. Holly Lake Ranch (Tyler, TX) (Adv)
4. Fairhope (Mobile, AL)
5. Seaside, (Carrabelle, FL) (Adv)
6. Hot Springs Village (AR)
7. Tellico Village (TN)
8. Silver Sage Village (Boulder CO)
9. Laguna Woods Village (CA)
10. Abacoa (Jupiter, FL)
11. The Moorings (Vero Beach, FL)
12. Sun City (AZ)
13. The Village at Penn State (PA)
14. Enchanted Canyon (Prescott, AZ)
15. Pelican Sound (Estero, FL)
16. The Village of San Buenas (San Buenaventura, Costa Rica) (Adv)
17. Century Village (Deerfield Beach, FL)
18. Stillwater Estates (Centralia, WA) (Adv)
19. Hampton Lake (Bluffton, SC)
20. The Settlement at Powhatan Creek (Williamsburg, VA) (Adv)
21. The Orchard Villas (Apex, NC)
22. Crest Mountain (Asheville, NC)
23. The Residence at SouthPark (Charlotte, NC)
24. High Country Villas (San Diego, CA)
25. The Venetian at Capri Isles (Venice, FL)
Topretirements' 25 best active adult communities list was compiled by calculating the 25 communities with the most online visits at the site during the first 7 months of 2009 (Jan-July). It is a popularity measure of the top communities baby boomers are considering for retirement. For more details on this year's list, go to http://www.topretirements.com/tips/Best_Communities/25_Best_Active_Adult_Communities_for_2009.html.
Several advertisers at Topretirements.com made the list (indicated by "Adv"). Their rankings were helped by their preferred positioning on the site.
Baby boomers come to Topretirements to find out more about the best places to retire. The site offers a free retirement quiz, the Retirement Ranger, which helps prospective retirees find their best places to retire. Developers of active adult communities can publish detailed profiles of their communities on the site at no charge.
http://www.topretirements.com - Find your best retirement community.
For more information:
Contact: John Brady