We are in the business of helping people protect their financial future
Wheeling, IL (PRWEB) August 25, 2009
AccuQuote, a leader in providing term life insurance quotes to people across the United States, today announced that it has partnered with TrustedID, the nation's leading provider of identity theft prevention solutions, to provide its customers a new suite of services to expand the protection for their customers' financial lives.
"We are in the business of helping people protect their financial future," says Byron Udell, founder and CEO of AccuQuote. "An integral part of protecting individuals and families is securing their assets, and those of their loved ones, from theft and fraud. Identity thieves target one in four American families--an alarming statistic we believe we can help reduce by partnering with TrustedID, one of America's most respected ID protection companies."
Identity theft has been the fastest growing crime in the U.S. for the past four years. In fact, a 2007 Gartner study found that identity theft affects nearly 15 million people each year and an identity is stolen every two seconds in the United States. The Federal Trade Commission's latest report (2007), said that more than 10,000 kids had their identities stolen in 2006 alone, nearly a 60 percent increase over 2003.
Trusted ID's IDFreeze® effectively helps combat this growing problem by offering AccuQuote members a complete circle of protection against identity theft. Backed by a $1,000,000 service warranty and supported by 24/7 On-Call Protection Specialists, IDFreeze is designed to stop identity theft before it occurs. Its feature set, encompassing more than a dozen specific services, includes:
- Financial identity protection - Active monitoring of key information (credit cards, bank accounts and more) in public databases and on Internet black market sites. Users have the option to place fraud alerts on credit reports if their identity is at risk. Among other benefits, junk mail is reduced.
- Medical benefits protection - Ensures that no one is using your health insurance information to obtain medical services--one of the newest and most dangerous forms of identity theft.
- Social Security benefits protection - Determines if anyone is stealing your social security benefits or filing taxes in your name, and stops it.
- Online security - Protects you against spyware and removes spyware off your computer with advanced software.
- Lost wallet protection - Helps you cancel accounts and replace cards if you lose your wallet, whether you're at home or while traveling.
- Family protection - Delivers the same suite of protective services for your children and any family members living with you.
- CreditLock - Offers the option of a complete lockdown of your credit, preventing credit bureaus from sending out your credit report.
"Your identity is one of your most valuable possessions," says Scott Mitic, founder and CEO of TrustedID. "With more personal information being exchanged and even marketed than ever before, it's increasingly easy for thieves to intercept identities and create potentially huge losses for victims. Through this new partnership, AccuQuote can deliver the extended peace-of-mind that only comes through comprehensive protection from two leading financial service companies."
TrustedID (http://www.TrustedID.com) was founded in 2005 on the belief that individuals have the right to protect and control their personal information. The company's flagship product, IDFreeze, is designed to prevent identity crimes before they happen by enabling consumers to proactively protect access to their credit, arguably the most valuable personal financial resource. TrustedID is funded by Draper Fisher Jurvetson, a leading Silicon Valley venture capital firm.
Established in 1986, AccuQuote consistently delivers the best values to consumers by comparing hundreds of products from their extensive database of top-rated life insurance companies. The company's customer service representatives, who average over a decade of industry experience, go beyond simply comparing term life insurance quotes to give consumers the information and advice they need to make a well-informed choice. The company offers consumers an extensive selection of life insurance options, including term, whole, and universal as well as selected annuities. For additional information or to receive a free term life insurance quote, please call 1-800-442-9899 or visit http://www.accuquote.com.
# # #