Even in a healthy economy, healthcare organizations need to maximize their return on data to run more efficiently and deliver a higher standard of care
Burnsville, MN (PRWEB) August 20, 2009
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MI (PRWEB) August 20, 2009 -- Four leading companies involved in leveraging data to improve business operations and patient care have joined Lancet Software as sponsors for the First Midwest Healthcare Business Intelligence (BI) Summit October 27, 2009, in Minneapolis. Healthcare professionals from across the Midwest are expected to attend the Healthcare BI Summit to discuss the core challenges and real-world solutions to better manage their organizations.
MicroStrategy, the BeyeNetwork, Qlik View and Baseline Consulting have signed on with promotional and financial support to make the event a success. According to Summit Executive Board member, Tom Niccum, Ph.D. co-founder of Lancet Software, the new sponsors recognize the importance of helping healthcare professionals understand and implement a BI strategy.
"Even in a healthy economy, healthcare organizations need to maximize their return on data to run more efficiently and deliver a higher standard of care," Niccum says. "MicroStrategy, the BeyeNetwork, Qlik View and Baseline Consulting all recognize the tremendous value in delivering that message to healthcare leaders across the industry. We welcome each of our new sponsors and look forward to a very successful event in October."
Executives and managers of hospitals, health plans, pharmacy benefit management companies, third-party payers, medical device manufacturers and other healthcare organizations will learn how to enhance their everyday business processes and decision-making. New government regulations and other issues will also be explored at the Summit.
About the New Sponsors
- MicroStrategy helps corporations transform their operational data into actionable information. The MicroStrategy Business Intelligence platform gives businesses solutions to all their query, reporting, and advanced analytical needs, and distributes insight to users via web, wireless and voice.
- The BeyeNETWORK™ focuses on business intelligence, performance management, data warehousing, data integration and data quality, serving these communities with unparalleled industry coverage and resources. Content hosted by domain experts and industry leaders is delivered through articles, white papers, blogs, podcasts, research and more.
- QlikView develops revolutionary business analysis solutions for a changing workplace. Their customers and partners are companies of all sizes and industries and end-users include everyone from IT analysts and CEOs to sales forces out in the field and production managers on the line.
- Industry analysts, vendors, and executives recognize and recommend Baseline Consulting as the go-to firm for business and IT consulting work. Baseline is in the vanguard of services firms for business intelligence, MDM, and data governance, offering skills in a range of industries, technologies, and methodologies. They have a deliberate growth strategy and a fun culture.
About the Midwest Healthcare BI Summit:
The timely, all-day event will take place at The Depot in downtown Minneapolis from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. The Summit organizers also announced the first slate of speakers participating in the program (See Below). Cost of the event, which includes breakfast, lunch and reception, is $195.00. Register online, or call 952-230-9283.
Speakers to date include:
- Jill Dyche, Partner and Co-Founder, Baseline Consulting
- Daniel B. McLaughlin, MHA, Director, Center for Health and Medical Affairs
- Executive Director, BHI Business Intelligence, Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
•Scott Wanless, Principal Management Consultant, Healthcare Practice Leader, Fujitsu Consulting
- Barbara Johnson, VP of International Business Development, UnitedHealth Europe
Who Should Attend
- Health Plan and Healthcare Technology CEOs
- Health Plan, Government and Healthcare Technology CIOs
- Hospital Directors and Administrators
- Health informatics professionals
- Group Medical Practice Administrators and IT Directors
- Relevant regional and national healthcare public authorities and policymakers
- Healthcare IT software and hardware development companies
- Group Practice Administrators
- Medical Records Managers
- Medical Directors
- Directors of Nursing & Medical Informatics
For more information about the Summit, visit:
For more insights - or to interview Laura Madsen and/or Tom Niccum -- please contact Martin Keller at 612-729-8585