New York, NY (PRWEB) August 24, 2009
MultiPlan, Inc. (http://www.multiplan.com), the nation's oldest and largest provider of independent PPO networks, today announced the recipients of its 2009 Rural Health Outreach Grant Program.
The ten facilities receiving this year's grants were selected from 163 applications and represent a diverse array of programs focused on improving the health of people living in rural areas. Grant recipients will each receive $3,000 to help them introduce or expand services, education, screenings and other healthcare related endeavors that support the wellbeing of their communities.
- Cameron Memorial Community Hospital in Angola, Indiana will use the grant to help fund their PSA Cancer Screening and Education Program for Hoosier Men, to educate the community on the benefits of early prostate cancer screenings.
- Canton - Potsdam Hospital in Potsdam, New York will use their grant to support their "Wellness Day" health education event.
- Clarke County Hospital in Osceola, Iowa is using their grant to help create a new telemedicine outreach service that will provide access to quality specialty inpatient and outpatient healthcare services for the residents of Clark County Iowa.
- Galion Community Hospital in Galion, Ohio plans to open a health clinic for Galion and Crestline, Ohio, two underserved areas. Having the clinic within the hospital will give patients better and faster access to physicians and diagnostic services.
- Illini Community Hospital in Pittsfield, Illinois, through their Skin Cancer Prevention program, aims to reduce the incidence of skin cancer and other preventable skin disorders within their community through education using audio, visual and touch techniques at their upcoming health fair.
- Jay County Hospital in Portland, Indiana will offer the Stop Taking on Pounds (STOP) program to provide children and their families a comprehensive approach to nutrition, exercise and weight management.
- Johnson County Community Hospital in Mountain City, Tennessee will use the grant in two programs that focus on diabetes: a two-day health event including cooking classes along with dietitian and pharmacist consultations, and a cardiovascular screening program for diabetic patients.
- Mauna Therapy in Las Cruces, New Mexico will use the grant to provide mental health intervention services by a clinical social worker in the southern border communities.
- St. Marks Medical Center in La Grange, Texas will sponsor a program that performs safety inspections of child car seats and provides child car seats to people in their community.
- Trigg County Hospital in Cadiz, Kentucky will help host the 2009 Kids Blitz Health Fair to provide fitness assessments and dental screenings for school-age children. Hospital case management staff will also be available to help parents enroll eligible children in the Kentucky Children's Health Insurance Program.
MultiPlan introduced its Rural Health Outreach Grant in 1995 and since then has awarded nearly $330,000 to rural healthcare facilities that participate in MultiPlan's networks. For more information about the MultiPlan Rural Health Outreach Grant and other community-related programs offered to MultiPlan participating hospitals, visit the MultiPlan website at http://www.multiplan.com/providers.
MultiPlan, Inc. is the industry's most comprehensive provider of healthcare cost management solutions. The company provides over 2,300 clients with a single gateway to a host of primary, complementary and out-of-network strategies for managing the financial risks associated with healthcare claims. Clients include large and mid-sized insurers, third party administrators, self-funded plans, HMOs and other entities that pay claims on behalf of health plans. Incorporated in 1980, MultiPlan is owned by a group of investors led by the Carlyle Group. For more information, visit http://www.multiplan.com.
# # #