Now these same professionals are using Toolbox.com to build their professional reputations and personal brands. It is also exciting to see our advertising partners take this cue by increasing their engagement with the community, providing relevant and quality content, and building their own brands in the process.
Scottsdale, AZ (PRWEB) August 25, 2009
Toolbox.com, the operator of online communities for professional knowledge sharing, announced today that the company is celebrating its 11th anniversary.
In the past year, the Toolbox.com community has grown to more than 1.6 million registered members and receives over 3.2 million unique monthly visitors. Professionals using the online communities at Toolbox.com have generated more than 2.5 million pages of content.
Since its last anniversary, Toolbox.com has launched new communities and tools to serve the knowledge-sharing needs of executives and professionals. The company has also expanded its team to serve its growing base of advertising partners.
These new offerings include:
- Toolbox for HR: Launched in October 2008, this new community for HR professionals has grown to more than 20,000 registered members.
- Toolbox for Finance: launched in December 2008, this new community for Finance professionals now serves more than 12,000 members.
- New Sales Office: Opened in April 2009 in San Francisco, this new office serves Toolbox.com's West Coast advertising partners.
- Newsfeed: Launched in May 2009, this tool displays updates from a community member's network of connections directly on their personal home page to keep them current on the user-generated content that matters most to them.
- Ask-a-Question: Launched in July 2009, this upgrade streamlines the discussion group experience for professionals by suggesting similar asked-and-answered questions as well as the appropriate groups for new questions.
- Ratings and Achievements System: Launched in July 2009, this proprietary ratings system enables professionals to rate the posts of their peers, earn recognition for their contributions, and build their reputation and personal brand.
"Over the past 11 years, we have seen a clear evolution in the way professionals use online communities, from quick-fix answers to workplace problems to a resource for peer-tested best practices," commented George Krautzel, president and co-founder of Toolbox.com. "Now these same professionals are using Toolbox.com to build their professional reputations and personal brands. It is also exciting to see our advertising partners take this cue by increasing their engagement with the community, providing relevant and quality content, and building their own brands in the process."
To learn more, please visit http://www.Toolbox.com.
Toolbox.com helps professionals do their jobs better by enabling them to easily share knowledge with experienced peers. The online communities at Toolbox.com include professional networking, blogs, discussion groups, wikis, and a vendor research directory through which executives and professionals collaborate to solve problems, make decisions, and increase workplace efficiency. Through the community, advertising partners can engage prospects and customers either directly or by integrating their message through a proprietary contextual matching engine. This combination of community and advertising value has made Toolbox.com a leading destination for professionals and a leader in online advertising. Toolbox.com is a division of Corporate Executive Board (NASDAQ: EXBD). For more information, visit http://www.toolbox.com.
About Corporate Executive Board
The Corporate Executive Board (NASDAQ: EXBD) drives faster, more effective decision-making among the world's leading executives and business professionals. As the premier, network-based knowledge resource, it provides them with the authoritative and timely guidance needed to excel in their roles, take decisive action and improve company performance. Powered by a member network that spans over 50 countries and represents more than 80% of the world's Fortune 500 companies, the Corporate Executive Board offers the unique research insights along with an integrated suite of members-only tools and resources that enable the world's most successful organizations to deliver superior business outcomes. For more information, visit http://www.exbd.com.