The association with the team of Trench Fantasy Ambassadors helps us validate the idea of the game and brings a ton of unmatched insight and expertise to our audience so they can make smart decisions regarding their teams.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) August 26, 2009
Trenches Inc. of Seattle today announced the first team of Trench Ambassadors including some of the biggest names in The Trenches from the NFL. These players will help promote the game, offer unique insight to Trench Fantasy through a variety of platforms and serve as professional advisers to Trench Leagues and game play.
"The Trenches are more than just linemen, it includes players who built careers on hard play from every down and weren't always the ones in the spotlight," said Eric Koivisto, Trench Fantasy's CEO. "The association with the team of Trench Fantasy Ambassadors helps us validate the idea of the game and brings a ton of unmatched insight and expertise to our audience so they can make smart decisions regarding their teams."
Older fantasy leagues focus mainly on the positions of quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers and their individual touchdowns; Trench Fantasy is focused on the rest of the players on the field who put the glamour positions in the end zone.
"A couple things are proven in the NFL year after year: Games are won in The Trenches and defense wins championships. Football is a game made up of 11 guys working as team, but fantasy football has always focused on the achievements of a few," said Ronnie Lott, NFL Hall of Famer and
Trench Fantasy Ambassador. "Every game starts and stops in The Trenches
and Trench Fantasy finally gives us a fantasy football game that gets to the heart of what it takes to win in the NFL."
The first team of Trench Fantasy Ambassadors includes:
- Ronnie Lott - Hall of Fame cornerback and free safety played on all four San Francisco 49ers Super Bowl teams of the 1980's and was named to 10 Pro Bowls in a 14 year career that also included playing for the Los Angeles Raiders and New York Jets;
- Derrick Deese - 13 year stalwart offensive tackle for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Super Bowl Champion San Francisco 49ers;
- Gary Plummer - Legendary linebacker for the San Diego Chargers and San Francisco 49ers with 1,029 tackles and one Super Bowl ring over 12 seasons;
- Brentson Buckner - 12 year career as a defensive tackle with the Pittsburgh Steelers, Cincinnati Bengals, San Francisco 49ers and Carolina Panthers included starting in 13 playoff games and two Super Bowls;
- Brian Baldinger - 11 year career as an offensive tackle and guard with the Philadelphia Eagles, Indianapolis Colts (where he was the team's Most Valuable Lineman in 1991) and Dallas Cowboys.
About the Trench Fantasy Ambassadors
Trench Fantasy Ambassadors are selected based on how they played the game. These are players that while playing were recognized by their peers and fans as fearsome competitors who played to win.
As Ambassadors, these athletes will serve as spokesmen for Trench Fantasy Football, participate in online conversations with fans and contribute their thoughts on play in The Trenches to TrenchFantasy.com.
Serious fantasy football players can register between now and September 9, 2009 to start leagues for the 2009-2010 season at TrenchFantasy.com.
About Trenches, Inc
Trenches, Inc. has created TrenchFantasy.com for the serious football fans and fantasy football gamers who know that the game is won and lost in the trenches. Based in Seattle and led by a team of seasoned executives with a passion for football, Trench Fantasy is funded by Elite Power, Inc (http://www.elitepower.com) of Sacramento. More information is available at http://www.trenchfantasy.com
"Trench Fantasy" is trademark of and owned by Trenches, Inc. Other trademarks and names may be the property of their respective owners.