large employers have slashed the number of internships by around a fifth this year as part of recession-related budget cuts
Foster City, CA (PRWEB) August 31, 2009
QuinStreet, Inc., the leader in vertical media and marketing online, expanded opportunities in 2009 for summer interns. The new internship program will continue in 2010 and offers in-depth training and industry-related work experience to graduate level college and university students, primarily those in the process of earning an MBA.
While the economy has generally hurt student job prospects, as highlighted in the Wall Street Journal's report on August 24, 2009 indicating that "large employers have slashed the number of internships by around a fifth this year as part of recession-related budget cuts," QuinStreet has instead increased the size of its internship program.
"We're in a unique position to offer internship opportunities to bright students looking to acquire practical, working knowledge with an industry leader," QuinStreet VP of Performance Management, Michelle Berry, said. "Our expanded internship program is one of the ways QuinStreet contributes to the growth and development of the online marketing industry. Of course, a second critical goal for us is to find and retain highly-talented professionals."
QuinStreet's expanded internship program is designed to help students practice and develop their online marketing skills in a professional, fast-paced environment. As one of the largest online publishers of education and career related content, QuinStreet is well aware of the student benefits associated with internships, including but not limited to:
- Networking -- students have an opportunity to receive mentoring from industry leading professionals, possibly leading to future job opportunities
- Work experience -- students can apply their knowledge to real-time situations gaining valuable experience and contributing to a student's resume
- Exploring career pathways -- internships provide students with the chance to explore first hand a career of interest
QuinStreet's vertical media and marketing business approach offers a range of opportunities for potential interns in a number of industry segments. QuinStreet honors a general set of corporate guidelines when hiring interns:
- Focus interns on discrete projects and/or campaigns that can reasonably be completed within two to three months
- Set up intermediate deliverables to be sure interns are on track
- Establish an in-house mentor, ideally a former intern
- Cultivate a positive relationship between interns and the company, facilitating future recruiting through favorable word-of-mouth
"I've learned a great deal this summer, not only about vertical media and marketing online. I have also come to appreciate the architecture, routines, and culture of a highly successful business," Stanford Graduate School of Business student and QuinStreet Intern, Michael Needham said. "My summer at QuinStreet has given me great insights into how a well-run company operates, and I've enjoyed the excitement of this fast-growing, entrepreneurial organization."
Those interested in potential internship opportunities should regularly visit the QuinStreet Job Board http://www.quinstreet.com/careers/.
About QuinStreet, Inc.:
QuinStreet, Inc., the leader in vertical media and marketing online, delivers results to thousands of clients and business brands. QuinStreet's full-service approach combines direct marketing expertise, vast search and media reach, and industry-leading technologies to deliver dramatically improved results for clients. QuinStreet is headquartered in Foster City, CA, with satellite offices worldwide.