They wanted to charge me $100,000 for a sewer connection
(PRWEB) September 1, 2009
Hydro Engineering Inc. has developed a new car wash reclaim system that recycles 100 percent of all collected wash water. The only fresh water required in the wash application is the final, clear-water rinse.
The spot-free final rinse removes all evidence of recycled water from the vehicle. The Hydrokleen car wash reclaim system combines both biological filtration and mechanical filtration, which provides superior water quality while reducing maintenance requirements. It does not require large, in-ground water storage tanks to operate. Furthermore, when designed into a new facility, the elimination of ground pits can be a substantial money-saving opportunity.
There are two components at work in the Hydrokleen car wash reclaim system: 1) biological; and 2) mechanical
What does biological filtration do in a car wash reclaim application?
- Biological filtration will remove organics and organic chemicals. Many soaps and waxes are organic and will be consumed by Hydro Engineering, Inc. Hydro Biodigesters.
- Biological filtration will reduce or eliminate the hydrocarbons that are present in all car wash effluent. This bacterial consumption occurs not only in the car wash reclaim water -- the media beds within the filtration system -- but also in the wash bays, keeping them virtually hydrocarbon free.
- Hydro Biodigesters will eliminate odor by consuming the food sources of naturally occurring bacteria that create odors. Hydro Biodigesters completely eliminate car wash reclaim water stink.
What does mechanical filtration do in a car wash reclaim application?
- Mechanical filtration removes the solids in the wash water along with any solids left behind from the biological treatment.
- Mechanical filtration acts fast. Hydro Engineering Inc's car wash reclaim system uses back-flushing filter media beds. These immediately remove solids, chlorides, organics and hydrocarbons from the captured recycled wash water. These media beds become virtually self-cleaning as the Hydro Biodigesters find a home within them and continually consume all organics and hydrocarbons the media has absorbed.
Recently, this Hydro Engineering Inc. Hydrokleen system was installed in Bob Fuhr's Carriage House Car Wash in Murietta, Calif. Furh's operates an eight-bay, hand-held car wash. Fuhr said it's difficult to conceive of a car wash not connected to a sewer -- but it can happen
"They wanted to charge me $100,000 for a sewer connection," he said. "I said, 'I don't need a sewer connection. I'm, buying a reclaim system.'"
For more information on Fuhr's experience, please see http://www.hydroblaster.com/Carriagehouse_000.htm.
About Hydro Engineering
Hydro Engineering Inc. is now in its 29th year of operation. The business and its manufacturing facilities are located in Salt Lake City, Utah, serving a growing number of distributors, national accounts, three United States GSA contracts and thousands of end users. The company is committed to providing the best value and most innovative products available to its customers. For more information, please see http://www.hydroblaster.com/.