Manchester UK (PRWEB) September 1, 2009
An online survey of 1,000 Swinton commercial van insurance customers revealed that 72% of van drivers are considering trading their petrol van in for a diesel-powered one in the wake of increasing petrol costs.
With claims that petrol is on the verge of returning to the sky high prices of last summer combined with this week's fuel duty increase and the end of the reduced rate of VAT, van drivers are increasingly looking for ways to cut their outgoings.
Earlier this year, hauliers from across the UK gathered at Marble Arch in order to protest the cost of petrol, with many claiming that high prices are reducing their quality of life.
Phil Moss, Commercial Vehicle Manager at Swinton, said: "Diesel is often a more economical fuel choice and we are seeing an increase in the number of drivers seeking van insurance quotes for diesel vehicles.
Drivers who cover long distances or spend a lot of their time on the motorway should consider a diesel engine for fuel efficiency and lower CO2 emissions. However, if you cover shorter distances and spend more time driving in town, where air quality is a greater consideration, a petrol engine could be a better and more economical choice."
For more information contact Michael Travers or Anoushka Foster at Manchester PR agency SKV Communications on 0161 838 7770.
- Swinton Commercial is the dedicated commercial insurance division of the Swinton Group
- Swinton Commercial was awarded Commercial Lines Broker of the Year 2008 and is a finalist at the British Insurer Awards 2009
- With 580 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK's largest high street insurance retailer
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates