Manchester UK (PRWEB) September 1, 2009
But 'The Trouser Snake' isn't the only LA celebrity to rev up a media storm, Ocean's Eleven stars Brad Pitt and George Clooney are both well known for their love of two wheels. George's favourite brand of bike is Harley Davidson and Brad has an extensive collection of very expensive motorbikes, many of which are customised, purchased from a little known company called Confederate.
Motorbikes have been a staple in Hollywood for many years and some of the greatest moments on silver screen feature two wheels. A survey of 1,000 customers by Swinton bikes, one of the UK's leading providers of motorbike insurance, has revealed the nation's favourite motorbike movie moments:
1. The Great Escape, Steve McQueen escaping on a Triumph TT Special 650cc (modified)
2. Terminator 2, Arnold Schwarzenegger on a Harley Davidson Fatboy
3. Top Gun, Tom Cruise riding a Kawasaki GPZ 900R
4. Tomb Raider, Angelina Jolie on a Yamaha TRX850 (modified)
5. The Matrix Reloaded, Keanu Reaves riding a Ducati 996
Anthony Aronin, Head of Swinton Bike Insurance said: "Motorbike enthusiasts are both loyal and committed; however, we often see spikes of enquiries from potential new bikers. These can often be attributed to films that feature spectacular bike scenes or top celebrities taking to the streets on their sporty new motorcycles.
"Justin Timberlake is just one of a long line of celebrities to realise the fun and freedom that comes with riding a motorbike."
For more information contact Michael Travers or Anoushka Foster at Manchester PR agency SKV Communications on 0161 838 7770.
- With 580 branches nationwide Swinton is the UK's largest high street insurance retailer
- Unlike many other companies in the financial services industry, Swinton is committed to keeping its branches open for business, and part of the community
- Swinton provides a one-stop-shop for the insurance and related needs of its clients, offering home, car, caravan, business, holiday, motorbike and even classic car insurance
- With a dedicated team of advisors on hand at every branch to search a panel of insurers to offer quality cover at competitive rates