I had been using Elluminate for four years prior to this course, and in the first 1/2 hour I was already wowed!
Pleasanton, Calif. (PRWEB) September 3, 2009
Fall registration is now open at University of California San Diego Extension.
- Elluminate, Inc., the leading provider of web, audio, and video solutions for real-time online learning and collaboration, announced today that it has partnered with the University of California at San Diego to offer an accredited, 20-hour program for K-12 educators, including teachers, instructional designers, content developers, administrators, and others, who want to develop the skills needed to be effective online instructors.
- Designed for both individuals and academic organizations, the Elluminate Teacher Certification Program is available to anyone, not just Elluminate customers, as a public or private course, online or onsite. Upon successful completion of the course, attendees earn two academic or continuing education credits.
- Taught by Elluminate trainers in Elluminate Live!®, the company's flagship product, the program offers multiple perspectives, including instructor-led presentations, small group collaboration, and in-class cooperative learning. In addition, participants share ideas, techniques, lesson plans, learning content, and best practices via LearnCentral™, the new social learning network sponsored by Elluminate.
- For educational professionals, the program is available online through the University of California San Diego Extension, where registration is now open. For academic institutions or organizations, the Teacher Certification program is available online or onsite directly from Elluminate by contacting consulting(at)elluminate(com)com.
Quotes for Attribution:
"I would highly recommend this course. I feel more confident that I can deliver a lesson without fumbling through the technology. I know my lessons will be more interactive and engaging for my students. A++
- Wendy Moore, Washington Virtual Academies
"I had been using Elluminate for four years prior to this course, and in the first 1/2 hour I was already wowed!"
- Kimberly Taylor, Aventa Learning
"I agree that one can use Elluminate in a bare bones way, but after this class, a teacher will be able to lead with more bells and whistles. More importantly I've learned ways that my students can use the program. I very much agree what can be done in a bricks and mortar can be achieved in Elluminate."
- Andrea Craig, Aventa Learning
"The way to prepare students to compete in a global economy is to first prepare our educators. That's why ongoing professional development is critical, and honing online teaching skills should be a key component of any continuing education program. Our unique Elluminate Teacher Certification Program enables participants to create learner-centric online classrooms that increase student achievement and satisfaction as well as contribute to the development of a 21st century learning environment."
- Maurice Heiblum, President, Elluminate, Inc.
- Brochure: Elluminate Professional Services
- Brochure: Elluminate Teacher Certification Program
- Brochure: Elluminate Learning Suite
- Brochure: Elluminate Next> Boot Camp
About Elluminate, Inc.
Elluminate, Inc. provides proven, best-in-class web, video, and audio solutions for real-time online learning and collaboration that deliver exceptional outcomes, including enhanced learning experiences, increased retention and completion rates, and higher ROI. Elluminate serves more than 600 million annual web-collaboration minutes to over 7 million teachers and students located in 170 different countries. The winner of several prestigious awards, the company is also one of Deloitte's 50 Fastest Growing Technology Companies and is positioned in the Visionaries Quadrant of the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Web Conferencing, 2009.
Headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and Pleasanton, California, Elluminate is the trusted choice of prominent academic institutions and corporations, including ADP, Apple Computer, California State University, Florida Virtual School, Georgetown University, K12 Inc., London Knowledge Lab, Los Angeles Unified School District, Miami-Dade County Public Schools, Novell, Queen's University, Royal Veterinary College, Red Hat, Sun Microsystems, and many more.
Elluminate Live! and No User Left Behind are trademarks or registered trademarks of Elluminate, Inc., Calgary, Alberta, Canada.