While no one can ever entirely prevent identity theft, they can take steps to educate and protect themselves and get dedicated help if a theft occurs.
Irvine, CA (PRWEB) September 3, 2009
ProtectMyID.com™, the multilayered identity theft detection, protection and fraud resolution product, today launched new enhancements, making it one of the industry's most comprehensive consumer identity theft protection products. ProtectMyID.com, a part of Experian, one of the most trusted brands in identity protection, was designed to help consumers prevent the damages caused by identity theft. Premiering next week, an integrated marketing campaign kicks off with broadcast ads that depict real-life identity theft situations and demonstrate how ProtectMyID.com is able to protect and support its members.
Product enhancements now available at ProtectMyID.com include:
- Active Internet scans that search for key indications of potential fraudulent use of debit, credit card and Social Security numbers
- Notification alerts that inform members when a change of address action is initiated so members can verify that the change was legitimate or determine if it came from an unauthorized source
- Members can now choose to receive notification alerts via email, text message or U.S. mail
Core features of ProtectMyID.com include:
- Daily monitoring of its members' credit reports at all three credit bureaus, with alerts as key changes are detected.
- Access to experienced, U.S. Fraud Resolution Agents providing members with invaluable personal assistance in resolving identity theft issues as well as help in the event of a lost or stolen wallet.
- As members, parents can extend identity theft protection to their children through ChildSecureSM (patent pending) for an additional fee. ProtectMyID.com provides the only monthly monitoring of your children's credit information.
- ProtectMyID.com's Guarantee will reimburse for up to $1 million in related losses and expenses in the event the product fails and may also reimburse for stolen funds from unauthorized ATM, debit and credit card transactions for which the member may be personally liable. The Product Guarantee is subject to limitations, see our website for details.
"Identity theft continues to be a problem, and simply checking your credit report once a year isn't enough to protect yourself against the financial loss and emotional strain that accompanies this crime," said Jennifer Leuer, general manager of ProtectMyID.com. "While no one can ever entirely prevent identity theft, they can take steps to educate and protect themselves and get dedicated help if a theft occurs."
Consumers engage frequently in potentially risky behaviors without thinking about the dangers involved. Everyday tasks can expose identities to theft, such as applying for bank loans; shopping on nonsecure Web sites; giving credit card numbers over cell phones in public places; and posting personal information, like birth dates, on social networking sites. Many consumers aren't aware that these seemingly harmless activities can be all an identity thief needs to wreak serious financial and personal havoc.
"If you suspect you have exposed some of your personal information to a scam artist, a good line of defense is to actively monitor your credit report," said Linda Foley, founder of the Identity Theft Resource Center. "If you monitor your credit or subscribe to a daily identity monitoring service, like ProtectMyID.com, you can quickly discover changes to your personal information that may indicate identity theft."
Experian® companies currently protect more than 9 million consumers and are among the largest providers of data breach resolution services to hundreds of U.S. companies and government agencies. In developing ProtectMyID.com, Experian companies drew upon their rich history in consumer protection and enterprise fraud prevention.
ProtectMyID.com is a leading, full-service provider of proactive identity theft detection, protection and fraud resolution. ProtectMyID.com offers comprehensive identity theft protection products supported by experienced fraud resolution agents who deliver personal attention that customers can rely on. ProtectMyID.com is a Web site owned by ConsumerInfo.com, Inc., an Experian company. For more information about how ProtectMyID.com helps consumers protect themselves against identity theft, please visit http://www.ProtectMyID.com.
Experian is the leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients in more than 65 countries. The company helps businesses to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to manage their credit relationships and protect against identity theft.
Experian plc is listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 index. Total revenue for the year ended March 31, 2009, was $3.9 billion. Experian employs approximately 15,000 people in 40 countries and has its corporate headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Nottingham, UK; Costa Mesa, California; and São Paulo, Brazil.
For more information, visit http://www.experianplc.com.
Experian and the marks used herein are service marks or registered trademarks of Experian Information Solutions, Inc.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.