While the survey results clearly indicate we are still feeling the effects of the recession, there were indications that some organizations are beginning to contemplate the resumption of hiring toward the end of this year
West Chester, PA (PRWEB) September 3, 2009
DoubleStar, Inc., a leader in Recruitment, Recruitment Process Outsourcing and Workforce Analytics solutions, today announced the results of a new online survey of Human Resources decision-makers of leading companies in the Mid-Atlantic area. This is the first release of a quarterly survey that will provide important trends data about the general condition of the regional labor market including quarter-over-quarter changes in employment levels, hiring levels, and expenditure trends, as well as benchmarks by industry and company size.
"While the survey results clearly indicate we are still feeling the effects of the recession, there were indications that some organizations are beginning to contemplate the resumption of hiring toward the end of this year," says Harry Griendling, Founder and CEO at DoubleStar.
Highlights from the survey include:
- Hiring is stagnant in the Mid-Atlantic Region, with 75% of employers reporting that Q2 hiring is the same or less than Q1. Only 21.15% of employers say they plan to increase hiring in Q3.
- The ranks of corporate recruiters are shrinking, and very few companies are hiring recruiters to their staff. 28.85% of companies reported a decrease in recruiting staffs from Q1 to Q2. 88.46% of companies will keep their recruiting staff flat from Q2 to Q3.
- Recruitment budgets are under pressure, with 27.91% of companies reporting a decrease in recruiting spend, and 69.77% of companies reporting no change in spending. Significantly, only 2.33% of companies plan to increase their recruiting spend in Q3.
- Total employee headcount is being reduced at three times as many companies as it is being increased. On the bright side, the pace of job cuts is slowing down as we move through Q3.
- On a slightly positive note, 25% of companies plan to increase headcount in Q3. This offers a glimmer of hope that hiring may begin picking up slowly toward year's end.
A comprehensive eBook detailing these trends is available at http://www.doublestarinc.com.
DoubleStar, Inc., a leading provider of Recruitment, Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO), and Workforce Analytics solutions, helps clients optimize their human capital practices for enhanced operational and financial performance. A two-time INC. 500 consulting firm, DoubleStar has appeared a record six times in the Philly 100 list of fastest-growing companies, has been named by Benchmark Communications as one of the top 25 companies in the world for Best Practices in Human Capital Management, and was named by Gartner as one of the "Cool Vendors" for Talent Management solutions. More information can be found at http://www.doublestarinc.com.
# # #