Manticore Technology takes customer privacy very seriously and our team constantly evaluates the level of security that we have in place to protect sensitive customer data
Austin, TX (PRWEB) September 8, 2009
Manticore Technology™, a leading provider of easy-to-use, powerful, marketing automation solutions, today announced that the company has been certified by the U.S. Department of Commerce as compliant with the United States-European Union (EU) Safe Harbor Framework. The Safe Harbor Framework was developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission to bridge differences between U.S. and E.U. privacy law and to ensure the privacy and security of personal data.
The Safe Harbor is an important way for U.S. companies to avoid interruptions in their business dealings with the EU or face prosecution by European authorities under European privacy laws. To be compliant, organizations must follow the seven safe harbor principles:
- Notice: Organizations must notify individuals about the purposes for which they collect and use information about them;
- Choice: Organizations must give individuals the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their personal information will be disclosed to a third party or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual;
- Onward Transfer (Transfers to Third Parties): To disclose information to a third party, organizations must apply the notice and choice principles. Where an organization wishes to transfer information to a third party that is acting as an agent, it may do so if it makes sure that the third party subscribes to the safe harbor principles or is subject to the Directive or another adequacy finding;
- Access: Individuals must have access to personal information about them that an organization holds and be able to correct, amend, or delete that information where it is inaccurate, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the individual's privacy in the case in question, or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated;
- Security: Organizations must take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- Data integrity: Personal information must be relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used. An organization should take reasonable steps to ensure that data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and current;
- Enforcement: In order to ensure compliance with the safe harbor principles, there must be readily available and affordable independent recourse mechanisms so that each individual's complaints and disputes can be investigated and resolved
"Manticore Technology takes customer privacy very seriously and our team constantly evaluates the level of security that we have in place to protect sensitive customer data," said Jeff Erramouspe, president, Manticore Technology. "Safe Harbor certification is an additional step we have taken to show our commitment to our customer's confidentiality around the globe."
Organizations voluntarily certify to the Safe Harbor, and must re-certify annually. For more information about Safe Harbor, please visit: http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/index.asp
About Manticore Technology
Manticore Technology is an on-demand, marketing automation solution provider that enables marketers to effortlessly move sales prospects through the pipeline through demand generation, lead management, lead scoring, and lead nurturing, while feeding their sales team invaluable insight about the interests of each lead. Manticore Technology has enterprise customers around the globe, including, Jaspersoft, Sharebuilder 401(k) and PGP. For more information visit http://www.manticoretechnology.com or call 1-866-Manticore.
# # #