The ability to efficiently manage IT assets across the enterprise has a direct correlation to an organization's overall operational efficiently--not to mention its bottom line
Boca Raton, FL (PRWEB) September 9, 2009
CrossTec Corporation, a leading developer and provider of software management solutions, announces the release of EMS v3.0 asset management software, offering IT admins enhanced monitoring and reporting capabilities to reduce waste and redundancy across the enterprise. EMS v3.0 includes new and enhanced features unique to IT asset management, including the ability to combine hardware and software inventory monitoring with software distribution, application and Internet metering, alerting and reporting capabilities, and remote control functionality. EMS v3.0 provides a centralized solution to current IT asset management needs while preparing for increased regulatory compliance requirements resulting from business growth.
"The ability to efficiently manage IT assets across the enterprise has a direct correlation to an organization's overall operational efficiently--not to mention its bottom line," says Turner Dean, VP Sales of CrossTec Corporation. "The new version of EMS provides administrators with unmatched transparency into the organization's IT assets: the number and location of its desktops, what hardware is needed, and what software is installed. No single person can manage and support these assets efficiently; trying to track and manage assets with spreadsheets is an inefficient use of IT personnel. EMS is an easily deployed, cost-effective solution that simplifies and centralizes asset management. Key new features such as remote office management and energy monitoring make it even more adaptable to the most complex environments. Plus, its modular framework enables administrators to purchase only those components they need."
CrossTec EMS v3.0 includes the following new features:
- Remote Office Management is provided via the new Communication Gateway. This stable gateway locates and securely connects to clients on remote networks via the Internet. Administrators can monitor and manage on multiple remote locations from a central location.
- The Energy Monitor--which is aimed at helping organizations reduce their carbon footprint, meet internal energy saving targets and reduce operational costs--tracks all powered-on systems across the enterprise, highlighting their energy consumption and associated costs. Working day hours can be defined making it easy to identify out-of-hours wastage.
- Active Directory Integration. Full Active Directory Integration is provided in EMS v3.0 and the tree view can now mirror your Active Directory structure. Support has been provided to enable membership of AD groups to control logon/access rights to the EMS Console.
- Console Roles. Access rights for Console Operators are now controlled by defined profiles or "Roles." Once created the Role can be assigned to multiple operators. Roles can be linked to a Windows Group and are relevant when Active Directory is being used.
- Change PC Owner. When EMS connects to a Client PC for the first time it will automatically "bind" the logged on user as the PC Owner. A new "Bind Users" dialog allows you to manually change the PC Owner details if this is not the permanent "owner."
Free 30-day evaluations of CrossTec EMS v3.0 can be downloaded at http://www.crosstecsoftware.com/tryit.html, or call (800) 675-0729 to speak with an account manager.
About CrossTec Corporation
CrossTec Corporation, founded in 1996 and based in Boca Raton, FL, is a leading developer and provider of software solutions that simplify network and classroom management. CrossTec's mission is to empower IT managers and educators by offering a combination of enterprise-tested products, substantial feature sets, superior value, and unparalleled customer service. For more information on CrossTec Corporation or the CrossTec family of products, please visit http://www.CrossTecSoftware.com.