Trench Fantasy is the first fantasy football game that focuses on all of the aspects of football that help teams win, not just the ones that show up in highlight reels.
Seattle, Washington (PRWEB) September 9, 2009
Trenches Inc. (http://www.trenchfantasy.com) of Seattle today announced that Richard Dent, John Randle, Carl Banks, Lincoln Kennedy, Willie McGinest, Jeremy Newberry, Gilbert Brown and Phil Loadholt have joined Ronnie Lott and the team of Trench Ambassadors, which already included some of the biggest names in The Trenches from the NFL. These current and former players will help promote the game, offer unique insight and content to Trench Fantasy players through a variety of platforms and serve as advisers to Trench Leagues and game play.
"Trench Fantasy is a game for experienced fantasy football players and true fans of football -- no one understands the importance of The Trenches to the game more than the guys who played there shoulder to shoulder every Sunday," said Eric Koivisto, Trench Fantasy's CEO. "The latest additions to our team of Trench Fantasy Ambassadors include Pro Bowlers, Super Bowl Champions and our first active NFL player."
Traditional fantasy leagues focus mainly on the positions of quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers and their individual touchdowns; Trench Fantasy opens up fantasy to include the rest of the players on the field, while not worrying about scoring for the glamour positions.
"When I was in The Trenches, I wasn't looking to be on camera, I was looking to win," said Richard Dent, legendary defensive end for the Chicago Bears and Trench Fantasy Ambassador. "Trench Fantasy is the first fantasy football game that focuses on all of the aspects of football that help teams win, not just the ones that show up in highlight reels."
The newest members of the team of Trench Fantasy Ambassadors include:
- Richard Dent - Dominating defensive end for the Chicago Bears, Super Bowl XX Champion and MVP, 137.5 career sacks, and four-time Pro Bowler;
- John Randle - Fearsome defensive tackle with 137.5 sacks over 14 years with the Minnesota Vikings and Seattle Seahawks and seven Pro Bowl selections;
- Carl Banks - 12 seasons as a linebacker with the New York Giants, Washington Redskins, and Cleveland Browns includes Pro Bowl selection in 1987, two -time Super Bowl Champion and member of the NFL's 80's All-Decade Team;
- Lincoln Kennedy - 11 seasons in The Trenches as a guard for the Oakland Raiders and Atlanta Falcons, two time Pro Bowl selection and starter in Super Bowl XXXVIII;
- Willie McGinest -15 seasons, three Super Bowl rings and two Pro Bowl selections along with 86 career sacks for the New England Patriots and Cleveland Browns;
- Jeremy Newberry - 11 seasons in The Trenches for the San Francisco 49ers and Oakland Raiders, was twice awarded the "Bob McKittrick award" by his teammates;
- Gilbert Brown - 10 years as the nose tackle for the Green Bay Packers with 292 career tackles, 7 sacks, and the 1996 Super Bowl championship; and
- Phil Loadholt - Highly rated rookie right tackle for the Minnesota Vikings and the first active player on the Trench Ambassador team.
About the Trench Fantasy Ambassadors
Trench Fantasy Ambassadors are selected based on how they played the game. These are players that were recognized by their peers and fans as fearsome competitors who played to win. These new Ambassadors join Ronnie Lott, Derrick Deese, Brentson Buckner, Gary Plummer and Brian Baldinger on the Trench Fantasy team.
As Trench Fantasy Ambassadors, these athletes serve as spokesmen for Trench Fantasy Football, play in Trench Fantasy leagues, participate in online conversations with fans and contribute their thoughts on play in The Trenches to TrenchFantasy.com throughout the season.
Play Trench Fantasy
Between today and September 30, 2009, experienced fantasy football players can start leagues for the 2009-2010 season at TrenchFantasy. They can also play individually in weekly challenges in our Public League. Trench Fantasy is a game for players that are in multiple leagues and are looking to add something new to fantasy football in 2009.
About Trenches, Inc
Trenches, Inc. has created TrenchFantasy.com for the serious football fans and fantasy football gamers who know that the game is won and lost in the trenches. Based in Seattle and led by a team of seasoned executives with a passion for football, Trench Fantasy is funded by Elite Power, Inc (http://www.elitepower.com) of Sacramento. More information is available at http://www.trenchfantasy.com
"Trench Fantasy" is trademark of and owned by Trenches, Inc. Other trademarks and names may be the property of their respective owners.