Dalton, GA (PRWEB) September 11, 2009
Chef James Briscione, Food Network star and winner of the show Chopped, will host a cooking class and gourmet dinner for twenty lucky couples in Dalton, Georgia the weekend of October 9-10. All-inclusive packages for the weekend culinary escape include hotel accommodations, cooking classes and demonstrations, wine and/or beer tastings and more. The second weekend, with a focus on wild game, will occur November 6-7.
In addition to the class and dinner with Chef James Briscione, highlights of the culinary weekend escapes include:
- Wild Game Dinner and cooking classes
- A four-course dinner at Planet of the Grapes, Dalton's local gourmet restaurant and wine bar
- A visit to historic Prater's Mill to see how cornmeal was made in the 1800s, then demonstrations on using fresh stone-ground meal in a cooking class
- "All Around the US" beer and food pairing event
- Wine tasting at Dalton's Downtown Wine Festival, and more!
Tickets are available for couples or singles. Packages start at $295, including hotel accommodations, classes, meals, events and on-site transportation. Discounts apply if both weekends are booked. Class size is limited and reservations are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.
Dalton's Culinary Weekend Escapes are produced by the Dalton Area Convention and Visitors Bureau. For reservations and ticket information visit http://www.southernvacation.blogspot.com or call 706-876-1572.
In addition to winning Chopped, Chef Briscione is a chef-instructor for the Institute of Culinary Education in New York. He has been featured in cooking segments for ABC News Now online, delish.com, and Conde Nast, as well as Martha Stewart Radio on Sirius. Together with his wife, Brooke Parkhurst, he has written a cookbook titled Just Married and Cooking that will act as a lifestyle entertaining guide for the uninitiated, newly-married, kitchen-challenged couple.
# # #