Seattle, WA (PRWEB) September 11, 2009
- Fast-growing social media marketing firm, Spring Creek Group, today announced that it will sponsor Seattle Twestival 2009, a local event designed to harness the power of social media for the social good. The charity recipient of the event is Youthcare, a Seattle-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to build confidence and promote self sufficiency for homeless and under-served youth by providing shelter, hope, and support.
- Twestival Seattle will be held on September 12 at 7 pm at the Spitfire Bar and Restaurant located at 2219 4th Avenue in Seattle. More than 300 tech-savvy social media enthusiasts are expected to participate in this project and fundraising event. Additional sponsors of the event include Visible Technologies and Razorfish.
- Out of about 50 local nonprofit groups nominated via Twitter, YouthCare was selected by the Twestival planning committee because of its unique mission of providing shelter, education, training, and support for the homeless and under-served youth of greater Seattle. Every night 1,000 youth have no safe place to sleep. YouthCare has helped over 65,000 young people escape the dangers of homelessness and abuse.
- Spring Creek Group works with companies of all sizes to improve brand awareness and increase site traffic through social media-based online marketing methods. Spring Creek has helped brands like Microsoft, Whitepages.com, and Seattle's Bumbershoot Festival connect with key target audiences via innovative social media marketing programs that engage consumers via online communities, blogs, and social networks and result in higher brand awareness and deeper customer loyalty.
- "Every night 1,000 youth in Seattle have no place to sleep, and Youthcare is making a huge difference in the lives of these kids," said Clay McDaniel, principal of Spring Creek Group. "We are pleased to be lead sponsor of Seattle's Twestival event, and we support their mission of using the power of social media to increase public awareness of social issues that need community support."
- "So many of the society's problems are hiding in plain sight, Twestival uses social media to shine a spotlight on those problems," said Doug Winfield, lead organizer of Twestival Seattle. "We try to raise awareness for great groups like YouthCare and build connections with people, companies and groups who can support their efforts. Social media is not a fad. It's a way to change the world one tweet, post or update at a time."
About Spring Creek Group:
Spring Creek Group is an innovative online marketing agency located in Seattle, Washington, that helps companies of all sizes increase brand awareness, improve customer engagement, and drive site traffic through social media-based online marketing. Spring Creek Group's key marketing services practice areas are: Brand Analytics and Measurement; Social Media Channel Strategy and Planning; Campaign Content Syndication; and Community Engagement.
Twestival Local is encouraging cities around the world to host events in support of a local cause. All of the proceeds from these events will go directly to the local not-for-profit selected. Everyone involved with Twestival is a volunteer and the majority are crowdsourced using Twitter. Cities are asked to set a fundraising goal for their event, but it is much more than reaching a financial target. Twestival Local is a fantastic opportunity to connect with people in your community.
Founded in 1974, YouthCare's mission is to build confidence and promote self sufficiency for homeless and underserved youth by providing shelter, hope and support.
# # #