Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) September 13, 2009
Today, the BAM Radio Network (BRN), a joint project of Moving & Learning and Jackstreet Media, announced that the Colorado Association for the Education of Young Children is now offering NAEYC Radio as a new resource to the chapter's early childhood professionals, advocates and parents.
The program features a special edition of BRN's premier program, Body, Mind and Child (http://www.bodymindandchild.com), co-hosted by NAEYC executive director Mark Ginsberg, PhD, and Rae Pica, an early childhood expert with 30 years of experience in the field. The program is Nanocasted on the CAEYC web site at http://www.coloradoaeyc.org.
"We are pleased to welcome CAEYC to the network and are confident that the segments will help their members and parents access and stay up-to-date on the best and most current insights on early childhood development," said Rae Pica
CAEYC, a professional membership organization, serves and acts on behalf of early childhood educators through advocacy, leadership and professional development.
Founded in 1968, Colorado AEYC is the only affiliate of NAEYC with a few local chapters scattered around the state. In 1991, the organization voted to restructure and form local groups under the state affiliate with formal policies and procedures. Currently there are 16 state chapters called District Groups under the state affiliate.
About BAM Radio Network
The BAM Radio Network (http://www.bamradionetwork.com) was originally launched as a resource for parents, aimed at delivering the most reliable information on early childhood development and developmentally appropriate parenting to busy moms and dads. Created by leading early childhood experts, the programming quickly became a popular resource among teachers and educators and was expanded to include an Educators' Channel. A third channel for directors and administrators was soon developed, which became the catalyst for the Education 360 Channel, which expanded the team of program hosts to include diverse voices and insights from the leading advocates in the fields of child development and education. The network is a joint venture between privately held New Hampshire-based Moving & Learning and Los Angeles-based Jackstreet Media Ventures LLC. The programming is produced by Emmy-winning broadcaster Errol Smith and distributed through the Affiliate Nanocasting Network
The Best Educational Reporting Team
BAM Radio Network has assembled the heads of the education community's leading associations to bring you the most insightful, accurate, relevant and up-to-date information on the education issues people really care about. The on-air hosts include:
- Mark Ginsberg, executive director of the National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Gail Connelly, executive director of the National Association of Elementary School Principals
- Dan Domenech, executive director of the American Association of School Administrators
- Michael McGrady, deputy director of the National Head Start Association
- Judy Nee, president and CEO of the National Afterschool Association
- John Musso, executive director of the Association of School Business Officials
- Janice Esau, executive director/CEO of the National Association of Child Care Professionals
- Amy Garcia, executive director of the National Association of School Nurses
- Jodi Grant, executive director of the Afterschool Alliance
- Linda Geigle, executive director of the National Association for Family Child Care
- Dr. Eric Karolak, executive director of Early Childhood Education Consortium
- Barbara S. Belmont, executive director for the School Nutrition Association
- Sherry Waugh, president of the National Coalition for Campus Children's Centers
- Glenda Bean, executive director of the Southern Early Childhood Association
- Gerald Tirozzi, executive director of the National Association of Secondary School Principles
These education advocates are at the center of their respective communities and have their fingers on the pulse of what is going on moment by moment. Their programs are an invaluable resource for reporters, advocates, activists, legislators, analysts, parents, educators, administrators and anyone interested in transforming education.
Jackstreet Media Ventures LLC
# # #